lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
hi there. i have a wheel doctor surplus to requirements.

this is a great bit of kit that is used to remove kerb marks/paint/lacquer from the edges of wheels using various grinding and abrasive discs.

you can either smooth everything off for paint or take it to the next level and polish them. this is great for either custom finishes or for restoring factory polished lips.

polished lips are a bit of a tabboo subject, for some reason most wheel refurbishers dont offer this service so this is a good opportunity for a little business. places that do offer polishing start from £25 a wheel (remember this is just for the lip)

Included in the price i will offer basic training and telephone support to any purchaser

all the materials are available from bradleys direct.

I know of a guy local to me who bought a machine for his own wheels. he started doing some jobs for friends, then friends of friends. he now operates 4 vans and has contracts with many car garages so there is definately potential.

looking for £1500 no vat (these are £3500 plus vat new)

can courier at extra cost but collection would be best so i can show you how to use it plus i suspect courier would be into the hundreds due to the weight.

pics soon

an example of what can be done
2u6mbed.jpg

28sq5c0.jpg

I've a set of BBS split rims sat outside retrobike's palatial HQ under a tarp in need of a refurb, maybe I should buy the machine ;)

Good work on the wheel pictured, assume it was split to get that result.

lewis1641":1twwcmqk said:
polished lips are a bit of a tabboo subject, for some reason most wheel refurbishers dont offer this service so this is a good opportunity for a little business. places that do offer polishing start from £25 a wheel (remember this is just for the lip)

Assume most places are reluctant because if the lip is left unlaquered it'll corrode if not kept clean. Further a laquered polished lip isn't as durable as paint/powder.

There are now laquer available from Bradley that will key to polished alloy which is a great leap forward. You are correct though, it is easy enough telling an enthusiast that the lips need protecting with wax and religiously polished weekly but the average motorist isn't interested .

Personally I don't like lacquering them as the smallest kerb mark will allow moisture is and its back to square one.

The wheel in the picture was indeed split. I have done others without splitting them with reasonable results but you can't get right into the gap between the face and lip.

What bbs wheels do you have? I could polish them for you if you split them, or I could split them too I'd you are happy to accept liability for any snapped bolts!

lewis1641":11q4h2l0 said:
There are now laquer available from Bradley that will key to polished alloy which is a great leap forward. You are correct though, it is easy enough telling an enthusiast that the lips need protecting with wax and religiously polished weekly but the average motorist isn't interested .

Personally I don't like lacquering them as the smallest kerb mark will allow moisture is and its back to square one.

The wheel in the picture was indeed split. I have done others without splitting them with reasonable results but you can't get right into the gap between the face and lip.

What bbs wheels do you have? I could polish them for you if you split them, or I could split them too I'd you are happy to accept liability for any snapped bolts!

May speak to you in the New Year about refurbing them if you know your stuff. No point before the winter. Wheels are RC041/042.

Latest posts

Back