my 2 stumpys , differances, questions need anwsering :)

offroadjim

Retro Guru
ok , so i've just purchased a new stumpy frame it's a stuntjumper EXPERT 120 , 2005 ish model ,

my old ones a stuntjumper COMP , the old one is definately lighter, and easier to hop and wheeley etc , but the new one feels more solid and most definately faster

can someone brake down the differance between the model names , as i love stumpys but know little about em :p

is one better quality tubing etc from the other ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Without knowing the inns and outs of the bikes, the 2005 bike was aimed more at the do anything market, hence 120mm travel while the older bike is more XC orientated and prob has about 100m travel. This would stack up with your opinion of the two bikes.

ok great, it's definately alot differant, guess i need to take it offroad before having a solid opinion on the favourite .

The 2004+ design had a greatly stiffened up rear end - they did this as there were issues with the bushings wearing out faster than riders expected and the change to bearings and a stiffer rocker were a move to this end.

The seat-tube design with the hole in it for the shock should also have stiffened things up.

And finally - I think the 2004+ design is a lot more tasteful.

Also the Expert would have M5 alloy tubing where as the other would have A1 at a guess? M5 being lighter and stronger As for the weight,no clue were you running hydro brakes?

Get out on the Expert and enjoy it

Back