1999 Specialized FSR

superstu":15tp0ljd said:
Taking shape, infinitely better without the stickers on it! Surprised how many of these turn up, but must be a goodthing that they're still around and in supply. Really must get one of these as my first foray into full sussers me thinks.

you won't regret it.
you do ideally need to update the shock on them though as the original rockshox deluxe was pretty crap. :LOL:

Khane":1l4wdjp2 said:
superstu":1l4wdjp2 said:
Taking shape, infinitely better without the stickers on it! Surprised how many of these turn up, but must be a goodthing that they're still around and in supply. Really must get one of these as my first foray into full sussers me thinks.

you won't regret it.
you do ideally need to update the shock on them though as the original rockshox deluxe was pretty crap. :LOL:
i used original shock as emergency, nice design frame that can be brought up to modern spec

i started off with the original shock on mine, i liked the bike but could have easily passed it on.
after updating the shock to a more modern air can jobbie, you couldn't prise my cold dead hands from my FSR now. :LOL:

it turns them from a "this is a fun little ride" into an "OMFG!!! this is just too much fun not to ride" bike :LOL:

Well went to pick it up today and she now needs a new rear mech so she's still in the shop! Went to collect it before my bus and the lad in the told me the rear mech was f*cked and didnt have time to fit one when I was there. Gutted! :cry:

trxrincon":2vpvxhrx said:
Well went to pick it up today and she now needs a new rear mech so she's still in the shop! Went to collect it before my bus and the lad in the told me the rear mech was f*cked and didnt have time to fit one when I was there. Gutted! :cry:
you need to learn bicycle mechanics, most of it is easy imo, hardest bits are wheel building rest is easy to learn using online tutorials

I hear what your saying but due to me having a mild disablity to my left had I find the easiest of jobs bloody hard I can manage but it takes twice as long and some times its just easier taking it to the shop.

Well she's back from the shop and I'm £35 quid lighter for a rear mech, it seems to ride ok but its peeing down here so not been so far. will get a few pics up soon.

Well she's back from the shop and I'm £35 quid lighter for a rear mech, it seems to ride ok but its peeing down here so not been so far. will get a few pics up soon. :cool: :cool:

Well, took it out for a blast yesterday, its ok I guess. Tyres are horrible they dont roll very nice at all, changed the cranks to spesh strong arms just need to but the brace on the bars. New deore shifters and rear mech.

Speshathall1.jpg

Speshhall.jpg

Back