The opposite of rich is a DIY-ritchey

laughing-out-loud.gif

stoppi_71":10bajous said:
Jamis Diablo, I can understand that your heard is bleeding, seeing a jamis being used as a base for a copy...

Once again I can't see any problems in creating an imitation of a famous bike to relaise one's dream. I'm not going to sell the bike on ebay or elsewhere, because I usually build up bikes just for me and not making money with them.

If your misgivings would be right, I wouldn't have posted all my work here on retrobike an on a german bike-forum ... ;)

And I've used ritchey-decals to improve the illusion, sitting on a real ritchey. My point of view is that just an illusion is better than nothing. And as a mentioned before, maybe I'll find an original and offered frame. In the meantime I'm riding this frame.

I know that my project is polarising, but I haven't any bad purposes. :)

I didn't mean to imply that you trying to rip anyone off or were up to no good. While there is the possibility that the bike gets sold, and then a few more times maybe, and then represented on eBay as a Ritchey, that isn't the hard part to swallow. The hard part is, why not just repaint the Jamis and dress it in Ritchey parts?

It is pretty though. Nice work. :D

Hi ernie. Now you can see how I look like and you can compare the picture of my grandmother with my face. Are there any similarities... ;)

Ad utahdog: I understand your point of view. Just repainting the jamis without using any decals would be not the worst alternative. But as I mentioned before I tried to generate emotions. And I'm sure that the decals make the illusion more intensive. Without them I'd never think, sitting on a "ritchey". I hope this doesn't sound too crazy... :roll:

I'll still post some outdoor pictures to see the real colours. Cheers Christoph

I think you've done a great job! stumpjumper1990 told me yesterday about this bike, and the pictures of you with the mustage are very funny indeed! :LOL:

as mentioned before, great trick with the toilet rol stuff!!

I know, this thread is nearly or already dead, I ant to show you my last modifications. New (modern :roll: ) tires, seatpost and a shimano 737 group with Mavic rims. I hope you like it, though it isn't an original (but the mustage :p )

Attachments

• Ritchey_72.jpg
    Ritchey_72.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 606
  • Ritchey_73.jpg
    Ritchey_73.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 606
You've custom-built yourself a very nice bike there...

...the fact it isn't 'genuine' matters not a jot, you have what you wanted :cool:

Latest posts

Back