My custom built Edelbikes 29er singlespeed

How did I miss this, love it, glad it came together for you and hope to get a wee burl on it one of these days :cool:

bike

its looks lovely.

Is it more modern in terms of the seating position ie. sit up and beg or more old skool geometry?

Very cool, I have the same silver Middleburn RS7's on my beach cruiser bike, with the black Middleburn Uno 38t chainring, love them

Nice bike there for sure

This thread deserves a wee resurrection for all those who missed it the first time around like me! :oops:

Lovely bike and nice story to go with it. Hope you are still loving it. ;)

hello!

Sorry for the delay.

Well it's nearly one year on and I still love this bike as much as the day I first got it. I ride it a couple of times a week on average whatever the weather.

The components have all stood the worst of the winter, I have only had to change brake pads, that's it. Not even the chain ring yet.

Prob no point in putting up pics as it looks exactly the same as it did a year ago!!

It is singlespeed still, but I concede that one day my knees won't take the abuse any longer at which point a Rohloff might be in order... :twisted:

Thanks for the interest and the positive comments :D

Actually, not quite true... I managed to snap a Phil Wood rear axle, however when I rang them up in the States they were very good about it and said just send it down to London and they will fix it free of charge (even though I wasn't the original owner!). Thumbs up for Phil Wood.

Re:

firedfromthecircus":ukki2x92 said:
This thread deserves a wee resurrection for all those who missed it the first time around like me! :oops:

Lovely bike and nice story to go with it. Hope you are still loving it. ;)

Back