Grove Innovations Titan Road

Back in the late 80's, I worked for the German importer of Grove and they were super industrial frames without any pretense of grace or aesthetic, a brash loud-mouhted American upstart, that was trying to differentiate itself from everybody else. Whereas that went over reasonably well with MTB's it certainly didn't attract much support for their road frames. Seeing this frame now reminds me why they were so hard to sell back in the day.

I am a Grove rider myself. Not the road edition, but Assault and Hard Core MTBs. The paint quality is very good. The designs are loud, but they really put some effort in it. The welds are superneat and minimalistic.

This road frame was an oddity in eye of the traditional road enthousiast. The fact that is from US, there is a tie with MTBs and that it is welded isn't an easy story to tell to customers who believe Colnagos are the holy grail. Slim Chances, Yeti Road Projects, Bontrager Road Lites where also not sold in huge numbers. Neverthless, I doubt whether in one Colnago went 1/10 of the effort that went into a Grove.

Is there another hole at the bottom of the triangular 'box' bracing the BB? If not then it will be a pefect water trap!

Another thought, is it just a 3-sided box and I'm panicking over nothing!?

I love the look of the frame! The tig welds are very neat, and this looks like it's so solid and build for purpose - no frills. Looks very industrial. The paintwork is very nice too.

Salut,
I think it's a 94.
I have to wait. The Frame is still in USA.
It's the second Road Frame for me from Bill Grove.
I 've never espected to get one Titan road.

Bonjour de Berlin
Philippe

Back