1995 Independent Fabrication Deluxe

very cool build! the Chris King looks cool in that colour too.

But don't forget to milk it before every ride. This saves about 2 pounds! And stay away from bumpy roads or your frame will turn into butter...

Oh dear, 9-speed drivetrain and tubeless tyres on a 1995 frame? Run him out of town!

Oh hang on, he used to be a moderator, well err, yes brilliant reinterpretation of the word retro there, yes, only a mean-spirited pedant could fault it. Hmmmm.

Surprised you're running such skinny tyres on a rigid bike there Gus. I've never tried anything as modern as tubeless myself, but can you run such low pressures that you still get good grip and comfort even with a 1.8 tyre, and yet still plenty of oomph in a straight line?

Anthony":2vp211us said:
tubeless tyres on a 1995 frame?

nope. Tubeless compatible wheels but tubed tyres.

And they were from 99. As was the drivetrain, so if you think about it, it's just a natural 2nd generation evolution after it's initial m900 wore out... ;)

nice,

but i reckon the pink CK headset, is at odds with the paint theme/vibe.

i take it the pink b/b area represents the udders, and therefore it's that detail que thats pulls the paint job together, giving a sense of continiuity and humour.

alas although the pink headset is nice...whats it representing? swap it out for a black model, add more CK with a pink b/b ;) and keep the paint job real.

paint up a similar looking pump, would look ace in the pump tags...

ti-fat-man":qvlnhvax said:
nice,

but i reckon the pink CK headset, is at odds with the paint theme/vibe.

i take it the pink b/b area represents the udders, and therefore it's that detail que thats pulls the paint job together, giving a sense of continiuity and humour.

alas although the pink headset is nice...whats it representing? swap it out for a black model, add more CK with a pink b/b ;) and keep the paint job real.

paint up a similar looking pump, would look ace in the pump tags...

That was the concern, hence the initial buying of a black ck. but then there was a... 'b&b breakfast bovine salt and pepper shaker cows do sometimes have pink noses' epiphany....and it shall stay.

Like the idea of a pink pump though.

Wu-Tangled":lus2hhf0 said:
Anthony":lus2hhf0 said:
tubeless tyres on a 1995 frame?
nope. Tubeless compatible wheels but tubed tyres.
And they were from 99. As was the drivetrain, so if you think about it, it's just a natural 2nd generation evolution after it's initial m900 wore out... ;)
Not criticising at all. My own bikes are also of mixed vintage, but in my case I don't show them on these pages, even though they are all retro in the sense in which the word is used in the English language (as is this IF).

If you have tubes (and presumably high pressures) in your skinny tyres, should we view this build as having a neo-cyclocross purpose in life?

Lookin' sweet Wu :twisted:

Moo Cow and Goldilocks needs to get out riding together :cool:

Cowabunga my friend, cowabunga! Need a disc wheel with that tho...

Attachments

• cowabunga discwheel.jpg
    cowabunga discwheel.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 818
Back