Ibis

I have went off the look of mid eighties frames as quickly as I started to like them :LOL: but that is rather nice indeed- good score.

that will be nice... I bronze details will look really classy on the shiny black!

Man, that's nice! :cool:

The details reminds me of my unknown frame:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171216

GroteFoto-UAY4RXO8.jpg

Cheers guys! Stumpie I did compare a few Ibis details when you posted that frame up, bit different though.

Bits are coming in thick and fast :eek: Build list so far:

Frame: Ibis
Fork:?
Wheels: Suntour XC9000 on Mavic 231's
Tyres: Either Ground controls or Ritcheys
Skewers: Suntour
Pedals: Suntour, Christophe clips and Binda straps
Chainset:?
Front mech: XC9000
Rear mech:?
Brakes: Rollercams
Levers:?
Headset: CK no logo
Bars: Specialized BB1
Shifters: Suntour Command
Saddle: Poss Brooks B17

The fork is proving to be the head scratcher. First choice would be a period Koski with roller cam bosses, followed by a type II then a Type I. Following that a nice period unicrown. I have saw a fork I like and the parts are still available to build new but all of the above are into the ££$$ territory. I'll hold out a bit longer to see what comes up, I don't mind modifying a canti fork to roller though.

I quite like this and this is the crown I could still get

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270865874223? ... 1423.l2649

I'll wait to see if I can get anything used first though before I get something built.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Only pic I have is of the bars. They have a nice flare and shallow drop.

6452147741_c0a11ce9fd_b.jpg

For the stem I've looked into materials to build an LD stem. I'll see how it goes though.

This is looking good Kaiser. Would your frame be part of a run built in a number of sizes or custom? Wes Williams or Mr. Potts for a type 2 fork If you are buying a new one. I did see a Koski on ebay.com a few months back. Don't think it sold. Everything to do with Ibis will cost you £££ but the end result has nothing that will compare to it. But then I would say that :D There was a nice Ibis in the Steve Banks collection which was offered for sale - but only if you bought the whole lot. Does anybody know if the collection sold or was broken up?
Looking forward to seeing the finished bike - nothing rides like an Ibis!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Uncle Monty":2jwnygti said:
This is looking good Kaiser. Would your frame be part of a run built in a number of sizes or custom? Wes Williams or Mr. Potts for a type 2 fork If you are buying a new one. I did see a Koski on ebay.com a few months back. Don't think it sold. Everything to do with Ibis will cost you £££ but the end result has nothing that will compare to it. But then I would say that :D There was a nice Ibis in the Steve Banks collection which was offered for sale - but only if you bought the whole lot. Does anybody know if the collection sold or was broken up?
Looking forward to seeing the finished bike - nothing rides like an Ibis!

Cheers Monty :D I mailed Scot Nicol about the frame and he reckoned it was a stock bike but built one at a time. A type II would be cool but rarity and cost may scupper that one. I'm going to wait a few months to see what comes up after that I may spring for a Teesdale roller cam fork. Scot Nicol also suggested that Ibis made there own as well as using the Koski fork so thats another to add to the wanted list.

Back