Look KG243 TEAM........finally with pictures

Patience is a virtue which will be richly rewarded ;)

Seriously, i've just not had time to take any yet, but will try to get some tomorrow afternoon together with a spec list. I bought it with straight chrome forks, but put HSC3 carbon ones on soon after, and managed to loose the original ones in a house move :cry: Am toying with the idea of having some made up and chromed.

Roeburndale":16f6vhfz said:
I bought it with straight chrome forks, but put HSC3 carbon ones on soon after, and managed to loose the original ones in a house move :cry: Am toying with the idea of having some made up and chromed.

Oh I wish you hadn't told us that :cry: I share your sorrow there.

Mark.

i just got a pair of straight blade columbus unicrown aheadset forks made up for my peugeot (soon to be put up on readers bikes)
Custom made by Steve Goff - took a little while and not cheap but look the part.
Alternatively if you search ebay you may be able to get some new as there are a couple of manafacturers (US mainly) who do straight bladed/lugged forks

when are we going to see some pictures? ;)

oldmuthariley":301yfmba said:
i just got a pair of straight blade columbus unicrown aheadset forks made up for my peugeot (soon to be put up on readers bikes)
Custom made by Steve Goff - took a little while and not cheap but look the part.
Alternatively if you search ebay you may be able to get some new as there are a couple of manafacturers (US mainly) who do straight bladed/lugged forks

when are we going to see some pictures? ;)

Soon :)

How cheap/dear is "not cheap" how close do they match the originals as in this picci ?

Attachments

• Look steel forks.jpg
    Look steel forks.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 2,966
forks cost 160 - fully custom built and painted.
I dare say SG could make you a pair just like that but i expect the chrome would cost a bit...
other than that maybe Bob Jackson could make you a pair?

Pics.......finally :oops:

She gets ridden 3/4 times a week, and gets far more attention than all the carbon exotica in our grupetto put together :cool:

Attachments

• LOOK1.jpg
    LOOK1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 964
  • LOOK2.jpg
    LOOK2.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 964
very nicely done :cool:
are those columbus minimal forks?
when you say "grupetto" do you mean your club run / mates you ride with? ;)

oldmuthariley":3kcqg032 said:
very nicely done :cool:
are those columbus minimal forks?
when you say "grupetto" do you mean your club run / mates you ride with? ;)

Yes, i got those because the fork column was slightly to short for the oversize stem and the 5mm spacer now recommended on top of the stem. Had the LOOK decals made to the same size as the originals.

We've got a lively group out on a Sun, Yesterday we had 2 Elites and the bronze medalist from the recent national 100 champs........18 mph average for a very hilly 80 miler.

Back