Saracen model I cant remember the name of ?

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Back in the late 90's I bought a Saracen Dirtrax because the price was right. There were 2 other models that I quite fancied at the time but cant remember the names.
One had the monocoque frame from their DH bikes but welded to a rigid rear triangle. It was a hardtail and I think was orange in colour.
The other was a more conventional hardtail but with those lovely smoothed alloy welds like Cannondales have and I think was dark red.
Any ideas what they were and any pics available.
Thus I can keep an eye out ;)

the red one is an x-tort :cool: there quite small velo , i had one but my mate has had it for 5 or 6 years now :cool:

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

and i had this too mind.......

saracendeltabox.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

:cool:

It wasn't an extort and it came in a 20" size although the frame was the same. It was orange, not red.

Thanks Eck that sounds about right. A review said they were heavy but very tough, i thought they looked really cool at the time but couldn't afford one :D

I think what I'm thinking of is not a Protrax unless the 98 or 99 model was alloy. It has those lovely smooth welds that remind me of Dales or early high end alloy Treks :?

I think the frame was dark red/maroon in colour. It was from the same year as the Maxtrax and cost at least £500 or more at the time.

What in the heavens was it :?

Latest posts

Back