The opposite of rich is a DIY-ritchey

Hello!

Thank's for your answers and opinions. I totally understand your point of views. Some will feel not comfortable on a copy, others wouldn't use wrong decals ... I really had and have the same doubts, but as mercks wrote the color sheme of ritchey is absolutely timeless and I felt in love since I've seen them in the mid of the 90's.

But 600 GBP just for a frame? I have a large family with children, who like to have a new beyblade every week ... ;)

Maybe I'll find someday an original and "auspicious" ritchey and then my dream will really become true. In the meantime I'm riding this.

One last sentence: I haven't done this to sell the frame as a real ritchey or to diddle somebody. I'm extremly far away doing things like that. It's just a very personal dream...

I hope I will complete the buildup this weekend and then you'll get the final pictures. ;)

As long as it stays within his possesion and not sold on as ritchey I can't see the problem to be honest

did like the fade toilet roll trick though

whatever you think of the why's, you can't deny it's been done well

Beautifull transaction, but I don't get the idea of rebranding it.
It is a bit of a paradox; you allready have a frame that has the same nice details of a Ritchey, so what is adding Ritchey decals giving you?

Write all the details down on a bit of card, with pics, and deposit it inside a clear plastic wallet (sealed so it stays waterproof) in the head of the frame. that way if it does pass hands in the future, they will find the full history with the bike. Easy enough to do and that way (other than adding a wink emoticon after 'RITCHEY' on the frame) youve covered the problem of authenticity..?

Jamis Diablo, I can understand that your heard is bleeding, seeing a jamis being used as a base for a copy...

Once again I can't see any problems in creating an imitation of a famous bike to relaise one's dream. I'm not going to sell the bike on ebay or elsewhere, because I usually build up bikes just for me and not making money with them.

If your misgivings would be right, I wouldn't have posted all my work here on retrobike an on a german bike-forum ... ;)

And I've used ritchey-decals to improve the illusion, sitting on a real ritchey. My point of view is that just an illusion is better than nothing. And as a mentioned before, maybe I'll find an original and offered frame. In the meantime I'm riding this frame.

I know that my project is polarising, but I haven't any bad purposes. :)

Attachments

• Ritchey_41.JPG
    Ritchey_41.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 969
  • Ritchey_46.jpg
    Ritchey_46.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 969
  • Ritchey_45.jpg
    Ritchey_45.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 969
  • Ritchey_44.jpg
    Ritchey_44.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 969
It's not the real thing, but you're not trying to! It's a very nice build and a good looking bike! Well done!

I'm not judging you, you can do whatever you want with your frame, and the results are great.
I'm just wondering what it would add if you rebrand a frame you allready like.
Have fun riding it :cool:

The end of the project is near. Today I assembled the front derailleur, the brakes, the bottle holder and the bar ends, which can be seen on all of my bikes.

But the most important part for this project arrived one hour ago. I have been waiting for this moment for nearly a year. It comes directly from the states and I immediatly tried it. I think, it suits me not so bad. :roll:

And those of you, who make impertinent hints concerning my figure get soon presented an ugly klein-copy ... ;)

Attachments

• Ritchey_52.JPG
    Ritchey_52.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 902
  • Ritchey_51.JPG
    Ritchey_51.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 902
  • Ritchey_54.jpg
    Ritchey_54.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 902
  • Ritchey_53.jpg
    Ritchey_53.jpg