South West Retro Ride - Sunday 4th December - Haldon Forest.

I'm not going to be able to make this :(
I have to go to Wales to collect a 1980 caviler that was to good to say no to :LOL:
Hope you all have a great ride

onza100":1e9mjsu1 said:
I'm not going to be able to make this :(
I have to go to Wales to collect a 1980 caviler that was to good to say no to :LOL:
Hope you all have a great ride
Shame but got to take an opportunity when it presents itself!

Just finished fettling the Yeti (for the Nth time :LOL: )

- Yeti ARC stem fitted - mainly due to steerer tube length, as the highly polished RF one looks nicer IMO.
- Pace RC35 MDs fitted in place of RC38 Airforces - more in keeping period-wise.
- Middleburn RS2s fitted + 34t single ring.
- Pauls Melvin fixed - the jockey wheels kept sticking, it appears the previous owner had reassembled in the wrong order, as the back plate was upsidedown.

However, I WILL be testing it here before bringing it along this time :oops: no car-park fixing should be needed!

onza100":u7fyk21v said:
I thought the car park fixing was normal for a retro bike ride!
LOL! It usually is...
However, the last retro ride I went on i had everyone helping me look for jockey wheel parts from an exploded derailleur in the woods.

Haldon today

Good ride again today, definitely a 4 cake ride I think (one of everything.)
Only took a few bikey shots this time, parked-up part way round the red trail.
Tomorrow's jobs include swapping the Tiogas around on the rims (d'oh!) & trying out the blue stem.

Attachments

• PC040004.JPG
    PC040004.JPG
    266.4 KB · Views: 359
  • PC040007.JPG
    PC040007.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 359
  • PC040006.JPG
    PC040006.JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 359
Good ride :D I worked out on an OS map program ( http://www.bikehike.co.uk - very useful!) that we did 12.2 miles.
Though I'd done 19.6 by the time I had ridden up and gone back down via St. Andrew's lane - very slippy it was!

Just uploading the photos to Flickr now, so will post them when they're done.

Lovely cakes btw Jimbo :cool:

Back