Not a Ritchey......?!?

stumpjumper1990

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
In October I saw this frame on marktplaats.nl and really liked it. Freshly painted and with some nice details according to the blury pictures. I decided to put in an offer of €35 and the seller took my offer! :p

The seller told me it was an old frame which he converted to accept a Rohloff hub. It was nearly new. The frame has Ritchey dropouts and a Ritchey BB shell. The seatpost binder reminded me of something, but I didn't know what it was. After I asked the help of other retrobikers on here, we are still not sure what frame it is..... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171216

I start building it with some parts I had in the shed. Because the old cablerouting for a rear mech was professionaly removed, I decided to make it into a singlespeed! Here is what it looks like at the moment.

I'm thinking of putting some Ritchey decals on it, just to finish it! I know I might offend some of you, but what the .....! It's going to be my every day ride!

Specs to follow!

GroteFoto-JECY6QDG.jpg

GroteFoto-RJ4DK3GH.jpg

GroteFoto-8DTVQYIN.jpg

GroteFoto-R6KRF6DP.jpg

GroteFoto-4JKA3GMA.jpg

GroteFoto-SZKLEULB.jpg

GroteFoto-CFY3AQEY.jpg

GroteFoto-F8IJPNT6.jpg

GroteFoto-FGIMADYV.jpg

GroteFoto-BYIFYZZX.jpg

[/img]

Lovely looking bike. It doesn't need decals it looks cool without. As I said elsewhere, I wonder if it could be a Sycip frame ? That seat lug is very unusual.

Put some black Ritchey decals on it, but really thinking looking at you nice build find some ritchey front forks with more rake to the fork legs and colour coded them to match your bike :cool:

It's a sweet frame and pretty clean build so far: don't put any decals on it, especially not Ritchey ones. In fact, go the other way. Remove every sticker, decal and logo (rims, brakes, tyres, everywhere) and let our eyes feast on the lugs and the tasty lines.

:cool:

Hi!

Lovely frame and more appropriate for a ritchey-fake than my jamis ;)

I don't understand the problems and doubts concerning those copies as long as they aren't be offered as an original on ebay. My intension was to ride a famous frame, which is too expensive and too rare at the moment. Some decals and the right colour can generate positive feelings and this can't be the worst way to be happy.

In place of stumpjumper1990 I'd use white ritchey decals, because a frame without any decals looks very naked in my book.

So, follow your own imagination and desire and don't dissuade you from doing it ... ;)

sweet , me . i'd stick some "dirt bike "decals on it
dirt bike big baws comp ,thats what i'd go for

looks very clean and cool! White Ritchey decals would look good indeed!

I love the bike as it is, but would not put decals on it from another brand.
Why don't you make up a brand yourself, like a lot of road bike builders did in Holland.
Something like 'Sconosciuti', wich means unknown. ;)

Back