How p*ssed off would you be if Colourtech.....

We_are_Stevo":gj6m87ix said:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/Yourconsumerrightswhenbuyinggoodsandservices/DG_194653

https://consumer-tools.direct.gov.uk/co ... vices_new/
That's the one, cheers. I guess the issue will be that I've paid for the 'service' or lack thereof through a local bike shop, so they took the money, and will also lose out should I have to go down that route. Shame as they have been ok to a degree, but I've had to do all the chasing. It's in their court at the moment. They will apparently contact Colourtech on Monday to discuss things, but in the meantime I've got to get the frame back over to them, and the earliest I can do this is next Saturday due to work, so it's going to take even longer now.

I'm just fed up with this run of bad luck, will it never end?

Sadly I think it gets worse. I keep going back to the boxed frame, taking out and giving it a shake and something is not quite right. Aside from the clanking, and I do mean clanking as opposed to the sound small flakes of metal make, the frame feels wrong, like something big, but just narrower than the inner diameter of the tube slightly shifting back and forth as well as the overpowering smell of paint/cellulose. I have a feeling they've sprayed some sort of expanding foam in there and it is shifting up and down the tube slightly too. From bad to worse really.

Is it possible to have the down tube replaced? Just trying to think through the longer term options I have available to me, and how much this might cost?

It's not bad luck, you've paid good money for a service you plainly haven't received...

...you entered into a contract with the LBS when you procured their services; if you didn't pay once you'd received said service they'd soon be on your case - works the other way round too. They have not provided a suitably competent level of service as required or expected therefore they are at fault.

Their arguement may be with Colourtech but that is of NO consequence to you whatsoever - they should compensate you first, then seek to regain their costs from Colourtech.

You can then seek a proper service elsewhere - do not take no for an answer!

Cheers, just feels like I have had a run of bad luck lately, rb or otherwise.

Does anyone know if there is a chemical that will eat aluminium and whatever else they've already poured down the tube, but leave the ti alone? Probably not as the frame will be a ti alloy, but just thinking aloud.

You can't do anything until the issue with the LBS is resolved as you have to give them the chance to rectify the problem first. If they are not willing to do so then they owe you a full refund of all payments made by yourself to them, plus you are entitled to have remedial repairs carried out elsewhere and billed to them if they won't/can't do it themselves.

You have to make it very clear that you are aware of your rights or they will piss all over you every chance they get - these places rely on people not wanting to create a fuss...

...quietly insistent does it ;)

Cheers again. I'm not going to do anything to the frame until I've gone down the paths you have suggested, just trying to figure out what remedial action can and is needed to rectify it so I'm at least knowledgable when these conversations take place. Don't worry, I will be quietly insistant and be aware of my rights when these conversations do take place, I assure you.

If your LBS won't rectify it themselves you need to take it elsewhere, carefully explain the situation to date and what you require of them, obtain a written quote which you then copy and send to the LBS with a 14-day limit on their response before you have the work done as quoted whereupon you will be seeking to recoup your losses from themselves, as is your legal right...

...the law is there to protect you.

As per the linked 'Lava Dome' thread I won't be going back to Colourtech, more hassle than it's worth, turn around is way too long and as said Dave is always making excuses. Next paint job for me will probably be being done by Kevin Winter.

I was going to mention Kevin but forgot.

He did an excellent seat tube replacement on a Yo Eddy.

I couldnt fault it...

Nuff said.

J

Back