How p*ssed off would you be if Colourtech.....

Thanks stylus, I appreciate the input. I think it can all be done online too, well the starting of the process anyway. It's not the money that is the issue though, but the principal, the fact that they've done such a poor, shoddy job of something so simple, and their attitude about the whole thing. I'd rather people were made aware of this and can then choose to use Colourtech at their own risk/make an informed decision based on fact.

Sorry about your problems....

I guess all I can say is at least Dave is consistant!

I took a Klein over there back in 2008 to get repainted.
I wanted it in HLF and luckily had a HLF stem to match to.
The colour matching was really good and I also supplied photos of fades on the frame and also supplied a sheet with the decal style on.
The fades were wrong looking back.The 2 colours didnt meet to create the 3rd colour.
The other problem was that the decals were totally wrong as well.
I was pretty gutted having waited for 4 months after being fobbed off and told 'definately next week' etc
Heres a thread

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 57&start=0

The next time I took a Yo Eddy over to be painted in Aqua Fade with matching Rock Shox.I supplied a pair of original Aqua Fade forks to match to and pictures to show where the fades were.
The fades were good but the colours were wrong!
He'd used the photos to match the colour to and had forgotten that I'd given him some forks to match to!
Thats was it.
I was never getting burnt again!

One positive thing that came out of this was that I had a crack at painting myself.

So I have one thing to thank Dave for! :LOL:

J

I took the frame myslef and spoke to Dave , he was nice enough , but I think he is taking too much work and cant cope . the warehouse is tiny and when I went there there was several 100s frames .

he does all the work for Roberts .

In that case given how much work comes through rbuk .... If I was enigma or Roberts ... I would be worried

And if dave has taken on more work than he can manage .... Then some honesty is needed if the company is to continue

I had a frame done by Colourtech too. I only wanted it powder coated satin black, nothing fancy. When I got it back home I saw there were marks on the seat stays were it looked like it had been touched while wet, it looked quite heavy overall and they hadn't done a great job masking the brake bosses and bottom bracket threads. This was fixable and the poor finish in places wasn't bad enough for me to bother going back and asking them to fix it, but they were quite expensive too so I won't be going back again.

jonrock":3j3mynzb said:
One positive thing that came out of this was that I had a crack at painting myself.

So I have one thing to thank Dave for! :LOL:

J
Thanks jonrock, every cloud has a silver lining, and whilst I'm in no mood to thank Dave for anything, his mistakes pushing you into spraying yourself can only be considered a good thing ;)

What a crappy situation to be in.. :(

gutted for you, hope you can get a good resolve out of it all... :) :cool:

So your 1st Ti experience is a definite sour one then..?

GT-Steve":1k0w25fx said:
What a crappy situation to be in.. :(

gutted for you, hope you can get a good resolve out of it all... :) :cool:

So your 1st Ti experience is a definite sour one then..?
It certainly hasn't been smooth sailing. The annoying thing is that I've had the parts ready and waiting to fit for months, but Colourtech have had the frame for an age, well two I suppose and just didn't send it back quickly once (twice) they'd botched the jobs. I even have new, original decals and an order with Gil for some stealth black ones, so I've been good to go for some time. I wish I'd just left the bosses stuck in, or let my lbs do it themselves for £25, but I wanted a proper job done - what a fool I've been :cry:

Oh, and sorry to hear about others blighted by Colourtech. I'd like to hear more, not because I'm hoping others have suffered like me, but to showcase the extent of negative experiences us retro bikers have been on the receiving end of, and in some way providing information to allow an informed decision as to where to send your beloved frame away to for repair/respray.

Back