Educate me please, FSR aheadset workings

Whatleymeister":2v9f1xeo said:
bigmick":2v9f1xeo said:
I've only used it twice, worked great so I've had my moneys worth lol
he also does a good fox bush tool
when i spoke to the guy a few weeks back he was planning to make a new version of headset tool
Sounds good enough for me! I might wait though and see what his revised press looks like. I might see if he does a removal tool too.

Anyway, sorry OP, back to the original post :oops: :roll:
removal tool would be= old seat post, cut top off then hacksaw bottom end star shape a inch or 2 then open it
pull it through till its past the 1st cup hit it from top then repeat other side

Or, you can buy for about 3 pints of ale a removal tool, I bought one and have used it on all bikes, a real gem. I also bought the budget press tool finally giving up my blocks of wood and a mallet.

such a nice bike to be impaired by not spending 15-20 on a nice new headset and keeping what's left that's usable from the old headset in your spares stash for mega budget builds ;)

What a difference a spot of maintainance makes.

Just reassembled the forks with a heavier oil (whilst they were out) and given the headset a good clean and used some decent grease. Turns smoothly, no binding, no play.

Happy chappy :)

so you went from not knowing how a headset worked to stripping down forks in a week

maybe you should kick down the door at 11 downing street and sort out the economy while yer on a roll

Back