where do i get a respray?

That is a very sad story, Argos are usually pretty good and with heir price premium you would think it would reflect this :( banning you from their shop why ? What can they hide ?

On the Graphic shack side of things this is what I had done a couple of months ago and am over the moon.

021.jpg

018.jpg

More of it here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ?t=165888/

DON'T got to Argos cycles. PISS POOR customers service. There are others who are a lot better

Gravy Monster":17qlcftg said:
That is a very sad story, Argos are usually pretty good and with their price premium you would think it would reflect this :( banning you from their shop why ? What can they hide ?

I agree, mine was a sad story and I was banned from their shop because I told it to them straight what I thought of their work ethics in a blunt, forthright manner.

I am in business too and I always ensure that I give 100% to my customers, so I don't get anyone knocking on my door with a complaint.

DON'T got to Argos cycles. PISS POOR customers service. There are others who are a lot better

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Tintin. They didn't seem bothered at the loss to my paypacket and I've met other cyclists on the road with pisspoor spray jobs from Argos. The guy I spoke to on the phone (sorry, I haven't a name) said that he had a frame in the other day and the owner wanted a straight spray job and it was pitted and scratched beyond belief. I can't believe that someone would actually pay £140+ to spray such a damaged frame! :? I would just get a spray can from Halfords to do the job. :roll:

I went to Argos because I wanted a first class job done. I didn't get it. :(

i would recommend argos, i had no trouble, took around 6 weeks, and the the job is stunning.
although i feel for anyone who has had trouble.
i can honestly say, i would use them again.

this is after they did my rc100. :D

Attachments

• IMG_4588.JPG
    IMG_4588.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 4,344
  • IMG_4704.JPG
    IMG_4704.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 4,344
Hey folks, I have been thinking about getting a frame that I have just purchased stripped and painted but not sure if I should get it power coated and then lacquered or just powder coated..

Also where am I going to find some Devinci decals in the UK!

Anyway, I got some phone quotes today and thought South Wales based people might find this usefull:

Caerphilly
http://www.castlecoatingswales.co.uk/

For paint strip and powder coat in single colour = £70 (FS frame)

Cardiff
http://www.euroqualitycoatings.co.uk/bi ... urbishment

For paint strip and powder coat in single colour from standard colours = £84 (FS frame) +£100 for Lacquer.

:D

Argos feedback

I'm amazed at the poor feedback. I took two frames to them recently after getting great reviews about their work from many well respected V-CC guys. I would say they were honest, friendly, helpful and did a superb job. They turned both frames around in four weeks and I really have no issue with them. They may not be the cheapest but the finish was superb, workmanship on the additional braze ons was good too. I visited them a couple of times and was always made welcome and they were happy to answer my sometimes stupid questions and provide advice and guidance, they also did more detail work than I asked them to because they felt it needed to be done to get a great result and they didn't attempt to charge extra. I saw Hetchins, Bates and Holdsworth frames that were quite simply stunning.
Would I go back? You bet.

Argos feedback

I'm amazed at the poor feedback. I took two frames to them recently after getting great reviews about their work from many well respected V-CC guys. I would say they were honest, friendly, helpful and did a superb job. They turned both frames around in four weeks and I really have no issue with them. They may not be the cheapest but the finish was superb, workmanship on the additional braze ons was good too. I visited them a couple of times and was always made welcome and they were happy to answer my sometimes stupid questions and provide advice and guidance, they also did more detail work than I asked them to because they felt it needed to be done to get a great result and they didn't attempt to charge extra. I saw Hetchins, Bates and Holdsworth frames that were quite simply stunning.
Would I go back? You bet.

Back