South West Retro Ride - Sunday 4th December - Haldon Forest.

For me every ride is saracen preferred!! But i want brakes this time.

One idea I had for a full on saracen meet is that it is definatly saracen only but the idea is for everyone who has extra bikes to bring them for non saracen owners to ride, that way more people come and more saracens are on display.

But of course I would never dissalow someone coming and enjoying a bike ride for having the wrong bike! moderns come on retro rides all the time for example.

So the rules would be this.....non saracen riders have to be the photographers and their bikes arent allowed in any photos?? Hows that?? Even if they get lent our cameras for the day??

I think a National Saracen meet is on the cards, It has been mentioned before but nothing has ever materialized. Also I think we should wait for the fair weather and longer days to get the most out of a Saracen fest :)

Rupe I think you have hit the nail on the head with loaning bikes, I am happy to loan out mine (strickt vetting of course ;)) (and no skids :LOL:) it could be something very special to have and am sure something madison (the new Saracen oweners) would not overlook. They did a whole page of pictures from retrobikes contributions and even paid us who donated pics with Saracen T shirt merchandice :cool:

Also to say sadly that I am unable to make it this weekend :( so make sure you have a good one and please get lots of Pics :cool:

Cheers

James

Shame your not coming this weekend.

I would like to be involved with organising a saracen meet, but am a bit aware that I am the new guy (numpty) so dont want to be dictating anything, but to me the whole point would be getting all of my bikes out at once and every other saracen ownwer/collector having all of theirs out at once as well, and non owners coming along and riding a borrowed bike. It would be awesome. And if we get a free t shirt then even better! We could make it a really big thing, without being too serious about it. And of course non saracens as well but they are the photographers!

It needs to be spring/summer just because I dont want four bikes to clean at once, and somewhere suitable for our northern friends. Lets all have a think and get started in jan/feb arranging some dates/locations??

In the meantime, its cannondale testing pt2 at haldon this weekend!!

well I have 2 Saracens now - '91 & '97, both steel, both rigid, so I can play whenever we do this.
Saracen themed jumble too?
8th Jan sounds good for next time. Do we have any Exmoor experts -I used to love it up there? Vauguely remember a route starting in Exford. Or what about Quantocks? Or good ole Woodbury.
GT Pantera for me on Sun. Anyone got a 100mm Ahead stem, some rise, in polished finish to sell or swap me? The black one looks wrong.

there may be some cakes Tim, trouble is we've got guests for afternoon tea today.. I'll say one each only, that will go down well!

I've been too slack / skint with the builds so neither of my specialized are ready for tomorrow :(

Gonna have to be the skip Kona again unless i went modern. Looking forward to the promise of cake and mince pies. ;)

Back