Marin full suss frames..whats the difference!

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi

Looking into replacing my older Marin frame with a slightly more modern one...So what are the differences between the frames? Looking between 2003-2006ish. Rock springs, Alpine trail, Wolfridge, Attack trail, East peak etc etc! So what are the real differences? Geometry? Weight? Rear shock travel? Any info gratefully receieved!

Doug

I couldn't tell you which has what travel, but i do know the Attack Trail has adjustable travel and is supposed to be the best all rounder xc/am

I have one for sale! The best ones are the Joe Whyte Quad Tara Link models with adjustable travel between 4" and 6" such as the *cough* Attack Trail! Don't just take my word for it, read the many reviews online, I'm only selling to fund my latest hardtail :D

wookiee":3ipqs4y5 said:
Cheers for the offer of the frame but im after a large ideally...being a wookiee an all!

Hey 'Baccy, how tall are you and what size do you normally ride, as FYI these are very big for their size!?

You may well need an 'L' but not IMO unless you're bigger than me... I'm a very lanky 6'3", with 6'7" arm span and 36" inside leg, and the medium fitted me fine as shown in the photos on my FS thread (I usually ride a 20" - L or even XL - and a 59-60cm road bike, and have never owned a 17.5" MTB before!)

I'm not just saying that as I'm selling my 'M' size... I honestly think the 'L' would've been too big for me, especially as full sus demands a smaller frame per se, and as the BB is rather high on the Marin too.

Fair point...well im 6t 4 going on 6ft 5...only have a 34 inch leg but gibbon like arms so just a bit worried that a smaller frame would make the top tube shorter and me look a vicar on the way to church! Also was looking a bit cheaper than that having a look on the bay and your looking at around the one-er mark for your sort of frame...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Didnt go for it myself just researching and possibly coming to the conclusion maybe a full bike is the way forward given that i would need to buy disc brakes and rims....Still want a marin tho...

Back