Drugs & Retrobiking - Discussion

Dr S":3a937r1g said:
Goes to show how few of you have been on our infamous Big Dirty Weekenders then :LOL:
Si
a whole weekend powered by meat and beer, the fuel of champions

drink, SIS fuel carbs and re-hydrate (im fat)
breakfast ,,,,,,,,,mm realy should start having breakfast.
dinner, bacon or chips ,sloe gin or bitter shandy unless theres vintage cognac being offered by the good Dr.
lunch , choclate bars and bananas
drugs,

Lysander":3q53s5af said:
I mostly get by on chrystal meth and Jaffa Cakes.
(cough) There's more than a couple of reasons why Chesteze used to be so popular...

As a side note, in summer the whisky is replaced with Gin & Tonic to keep malaria at bay.

"Eat cake, Drink beer, Ride bikes" That was the motto of the mountainbike club I used to go to. It takes some practice before you can do it in that order though ;)

before my daily ride to work i have 4 cups of real coffee and 2 roll ups,

I have never been the competitive sort , however in my student days i spent 3 years living at the foot of Ilkley moor. I have ridden ilkley moor under the influence of everything other than smack and crack. While i can appreciate why amphetamine is banned from competition, it is my opinion that all other readily available recreatonal substances put one at a severe disadvantage.

i can also remember being chased home late one evening by some skin heads in a car who were shooting at me. On reflection i feel that this may have not occurred and may have been merely hallucination as result of what ever performance disenhancing substance i was taking at the time. At the time is was very very real
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dr S":2tvoglog said:
Slightly dissapointing thread. I thought it would be two pages of folk 'fessing up to taking retrobiking right back to its roots and enjoying a few combustibles whilst riding in the boonies.

Goes to show how few of you have been on our infamous Big Dirty Weekenders then :LOL:

so keeping within the bounds of legality, I'll disclose my favourite riding habits. Pizza and beer the night before, a full English and tea enroute to the ride, 2 x iboprofen and 2 x paracetemol just prior to the ride and at least a pint of ale during. Usually take a flask of vintage cognac on colder rides. ALWAYS have a side bursting curry afterwards to undo any benefits of the ride afterwards.

Si

Having a big fat smoke was often a very good reason for going for a ride up on the Downs of a summer's day - think Mint Sauce + weed + sunshine... Lovely, although we soon realised it was counter productive when we had to get home and it was, just, like, effort maaaaaaaan!!! We left the smoking to apres pub after that, although it should be noted that smoking weed made finding the balance point when wheelieing a lot easier... weird

tescos chocolate, raisens and i used to get stoned in the quarries while sessing jumps etc. ;)

honesty is the best policy.

dont ask what we did at raves............................

The clearing in a wood, summit of a hill, cliff edge, riverbed, beach or shores of a loch. All great places to stop and contemplate.

Either walking or cycling, a wee smoke is a wonderful enhancement to such.

These days I only very occasionally ride all day, usually with the wife and a couple of pals, and we stop to eat a couple of times, usually a 'picnic' then a pub on the way home. Now the days are short and cold it is more about getting warm shelter for a while. You can either keep 'race pace' up to keep warm or get out of it for a while. I prefer to take it easy.

Today we did two hours with a cafe stop for hot food and drink, not bad considering the wind and rain.

Back in the day I would probably have two hours in before breakfast.

Back then I used to swim, play footie, tennis and just about everything else. My diet was pretty controlled and pasta was my favourite energy food.

longun":zws3ienj said:
tescos chocolate, raisens and i used to get stoned in the quarries while sessing jumps etc. ;)

honesty is the best policy.

dont ask what we did at raves............................

We have a sand quarry nearby, it is one of the best places to get stoned. You can light a huge fire and nothing is going to get burned, you can fall over and it is pretty soft. It also has an amazing decaying reverb that makes it incredible for playing music.

Don't ride bikes on Ketamine kids.

Back