Dyna-Tech build - NOW FINISHED!

twellsie

Old School Hero
Stumbled across this site a while ago and i got me thinking, i NEED a retro bike.

So, the story starts, I had a M-Trax Titanium Team edition, when i was a young kid which got pretty destroyed all the components got replaced with cheap anodised stuff (as you do as a kid) and the wheels resembled 50 pence pieces, fortunately i save the frame, some years later i decided i was going to rebuild it and had the frame re-sprayed, however i lost interest, untill i found this site.

the Frame
IMG_0321.jpg

as all i had was a bare frame i thought the most cost effective option would be to source a donor bike, after trawling ebay i found a Dyna-Tech Diablo STX, which i won for a pricely sum of £31 :D , (we will forget about the 4+ hour jouney to collect it, lol)

IMG_0320.jpg

so the striping and cleaning began

P1020968.jpg

and the forks and stem were sent to a mate to be resprayed. I later discovered upon closer inspection that the M-Trax frame and the Dyna-Tech frame were EXACTLY the same. Once the forks where back from the painters it occured to me that it doesnt look like a M-trax anymore, due to the UGLI forks

IMG_0326.jpg

so the decision was made as the frames are exactly the same and i will be using all the Dyna-Tech components, it will be badged as a Dyna-Tech, so consequently started sourcing some decals (thanks ccref).

This brings me pretty much upto date, so this is how it stands

P1020969.jpg

P1020970.jpg

can I ask...given you've gone white and black, what made you decide on fluro green outers?

sylus":1a4imwv7 said:
can I ask...given you've gone white and black, what made you decide on fluro green outers?

They are more lime than fluro in real life, however i have no idea what made me choose it, just fancied a bit of colour, they may or may not stay......

new (un-used) Dyna-Tech seat post arrived today, might be a little too short for me, but we'll see

P1020972.jpg

This is looking really good, the paint looks awesome and you have a great start into the retro world.

Love it.

looking smart with the stickers on chief, it`s A.D. by the way, I`ve given Jay your wheels, they came quite straight and the hubs feel good greased. That ebay find was a bargain. Good luck with the rest of the build mate.

small update,

the new Dyna Tech seat post is too short so we are back to the original shiney one for the time being.

All the new cables are installed along with new brake blocks, also the new saddle has arrived

P1030018.jpg

not keen on the new handle bar grips, so think i will be ordering some new black ones, other than that i am pretty happy with how its turning out, next decision is tyre choice, quite fancy a full on slick like the Schwalbe Kojak, however these are a little pricey so open to alternatives....

Back