ORANGE ALUMINIUM O

sinnerman":3vuzrkfq said:
sylus":3vuzrkfq said:
a classisc with a modern twist..the white and black goes well chap

I seem to be going more orange than the cast of towie

Thanks fella, i think from memory the white was available in 92, im unsure tbh the men that would know are the God fathers around these parts, (either Antony or fluffychicken), they would know better than me.... :cool:

as for the cast of towie, i think i have recently been tango"ed......lmao... :D

you will do a lot worse than buying an orange mate, big bangs for the buck imo.

I don't remember plain white.
Just Matt silver, Raw (I think?), Matt Black, usual orange fade to white and purple ano.

This look like mine replaceable hanger and riveted guides and , 3rd batch of the 4 so a "1992"
(not so nicely built in my sig :LOL:)

Boy'o'Boy is the Aluminium-O master.

If that's a budget build then my name's Judy! :shock: :LOL:

Once again you come up with the citrus based goods mate, very cool. :cool:

lush - loving the two-tone colour scheme

would appreciate some help - I'm about to start my next project (a '92 Orange Aluminium O - matt black with "square" decals) but am struggling with 2 things (as they didn't come with the frame);

1) what size seat post am I looking for - 27.2 or 27.6?
2) what size front mech?

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Utterly stunning!
Understatedly gorgeous.

That really is class. Not sure where you get your inspiration, but if you could karma some over towards Chorley.....

andypasher":3qxkkthf said:

would appreciate some help - I'm about to start my next project (a '92 Orange Aluminium O - matt black with "square" decals) but am struggling with 2 things (as they didn't come with the frame);

2) what size front mech?

thanks
Specs here,
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125722

But if it's a later one it's a slightly different style to mine and sinnermans one so may/maynot take a different size
Start a new topic with questions and pics of the frame.

andypasher":2qi2yote said:

2) what size front mech?

thanks

Same decals as this, mate?

IMG_0326.jpg

This is mine before I changed to the more recognisable decals liKe sinnermans' (great colour by the way...!)

Seat post -- 27.2mm

Front mech -- 31.8mm

FluffyChicken":10fxc0tn said:
sinnerman":10fxc0tn said:
sylus":10fxc0tn said:
a classisc with a modern twist..the white and black goes well chap

I seem to be going more orange than the cast of towie

Thanks fella, i think from memory the white was available in 92, im unsure tbh the men that would know are the God fathers around these parts, (either Antony or fluffychicken), they would know better than me.... :cool:

as for the cast of towie, i think i have recently been tango"ed......lmao... :D

you will do a lot worse than buying an orange mate, big bangs for the buck imo.

I don't remember plain white.
Just Matt silver, Raw (I think?), Matt Black, usual orange fade to white and purple ano.

This look like mine replaceable hanger and riveted guides and , 3rd batch of the 4 so a "1992"
(not so nicely built in my sig :LOL:)

Boy'o'Boy is the Aluminium-O master.

thanks for the info fluffy, i though i remembered white, but you are probably right, my memories arnt what they were, thanks for dating it too, its always good to know... :cool:

brocklanders023":kavr5732 said:
If that's a budget build then my name's Judy! :shock: :LOL:

Once again you come up with the citrus based goods mate, very cool. :cool:

I wouldnt call you judy...., but it really is a budget build, the bike was bought complete for £80.00, but the frame was a polised effort that had been hammered, and i do mean hammered.... :oops: in fact it was that bad, i couldnt bring myself to take a picture, it was totally embarassing.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I was quite lucky really, decals came from Gil_M for sensible money, did the paint myself, which is quite straight forward with it only being white and black, i havent glossed the frame, (also to keep costs to a minimum)

the only things that i have bought new, were the tyres, cables, cheap B/B, grips, the pedals came from the spares box, and i touched them up with a rattle can. oh and i did use new spokes for one of the wheels, but i did rebuild both.... :?

total build cost as it stand now is under £300... :oops:

with this said though the XT seatpost, is not going to stay with the frame, it has always been kept to one side for another build, thats a while away from completion yet so, i thought i would use it for this.

i have managed to source a orange labeled seatpost, but i am re-finishing it in black to match the build.... :?

Back