Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Google+

• Another bike site

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i registered a few weeks ago but been busy, but now ill introduce my self, my name is Joe, from England, i'm only 20 so i'm still new to everything, but i love retro bikes, not really much to say, i'm obsessed with bikes!

so, my bikes, for now, just got a new job so i'm spending a lot of my wages on bike stuff so ill have some nicer stuff soon

First my Peugoet pure gold, love this like it was my child

p4pb7355294.jpg

p4pb7355298.jpg

Pugly, my commuter, its changed a bit since the pic, its uglier now

p4pb7253209.jpg

Frankenstein, no idea what the frame is, work in progress obviously

p4pb7345698.jpg

Guerciotti conversion, for sale soon, building up a track frame now

p4pb6954071.jpg

i had many others but that's all i have at the moment[/i]

Hi, James here..

I've got to a stage in riding (after 25 years or more) that new tech, more sus travel and so-on doesn't excite me that much anymore. Riding excites me more than ever though! I've been a visitor to the site for years, just looking at the stunning builds and the bikes I'd forgotten about, last seen in MBA or MBUK when I was 13 or so.

Bought a Jeff Jones this year and ride it SS as a bit of a retro-grouch move, it took me back to my rigid MTB youth. I love it, suspension is over-rated : ) I think you know what's next ... !

I'd like a 1989 Brodie as a project but funds won't allow and the fact I can't get off my Jones long enough to ride anything else off-road makes it a daft idea.

What I do want to do is a classic / clunker kind of retro bike for summer evenings. I want to re-create the rattled-eyeballs, skin-of-my-teeth rides of my earliest off-road days. The Jones does some of that, but it's just too capable really.

So - from lurker / appreciator to 'got some bits to sell to a good home and want to start a project'. I'm looking for a late 80s or earlier frame and fork as a winter project.. nothing too pricey but has to have the retro feel..

hi everyone

my name is dean and i found this site when i was given a rayleigh dynatech 2070 with suntour xc pro set up from my father in law :) im new to all this. im looking forward to going for rides with some of u but dont know anything about it and what it involes. i am loving this very much and i think i have found a new passion :D

Hi Everyone,

Just joined but should have joined years ago!!! This place looks great. Too good in fact, so I have waited until I've now got a little more time on my hands. In fact I was in the shed late last night starting a project, I can't wait to get it up and running and then I can join you on the trails.

Cheers,

Jon

Oops didn't spot this thread...I posted a topic! I have a Kona Hahanna Joe Murray from about 1993 probably, topic here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=178633
want to find some parts/advice so I can convert it for speed on road (and convert back again as required)...my one and only bike, 'The Beast', I love it. No money to buy another hence converting..also will bestow upon it restoration as I go...

Eddie

Hello girls & guys!

I`m Jukka from Finland and I found this site when I was looking for info `bout my "new" bike -97 GT Talera.

(sorry my crappy english).

Hello I am new to this group but glad to be back on the old bike! I have been using new bikes every few years but they don't give me the same buzz as the late 90's bikes I owned. I had a GT STS frame with custom parts(not great bits I was only 17) and a Giant Escaper ridged. Time moved on so did I but this year I bought a giant escaper 1999 model in mint conidition with magura rim brakes, this got me thinking...!! I have now purchased a GT STS frame and got myself a pair of Z1 bams(always wanted a pair!) now just to transfer the parts from the giant over. I have never been as excited as this so if anyone has any parts from a STS or stickers please let me know. I will post a picture when it's complete even so you may not be interested I am very giddy, just wish I still had the fitness!!

I will also post a picture of my dads blue GT Timberland from 1993!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back