Demon Frameworks mtb, pro pics on page 14! update 25/12/21

wow, those demon frames are awesome.

im an engineer, who works on vintage cars and hot rods, so i can appreciate the workmanship in them. i especially like the brazed on frame logos- no speculation about what it is there :LOL:

Re: thinking about a custom frame . . . . hmm

jonnyboy666":2eoo5303 said:
. . . . but the custom frame i was thinking of was a Lynskey, built to my chosen geometry, nothing super weird just different to what they do off the peg, basically a Ti version of my 07 clockwork but with a slightly longer toptube. i enquired, got a message back via a familiar face (a member here who worked for the UK importer), was looking at £3500ish for the frame alone!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

:D

Hi Honey! LOL :LOL:

holy thread resurrection batman!!! :D

went to see Tom at Demon frameworks today, have discussed options etc, taking my 07 clockwork to him as a comparison on tuesday to discuss sizing/geometry/and specifics i want then the rest is whatever Tom wants to do.

i have decided to let him do what he thinks is best as far as the construction itself goes, regarding tubing, shaping etc, i have said i like details etc so tweaky drop outs etc and other things i think will be the order of the day.

:D :D :D

Attachments

• Copper-3-ADJ-1024x687.jpg
    Copper-3-ADJ-1024x687.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,487
Cool :cool: think you'll allways end up with a nicer frame when you give the builder lots of freedom to play :D
Good luck with the proces and plaese keep us updated
Cheers Roy

that's my opinion to, what's the point of going to a custom builder then telling him to make something so specific that he becomes just a labourer.

Tom is happy to make to the geometry i want (or anyone wants regarding mountain bikes although he's very set on road geometry) because there are so many variations on forks etc.

i have specified a few things regarding placement of cable guides etc and a couple of other things that i prefer mainly things like forward facing cut out on the seat tube for the seat clamp but i found that Tom preferred those things himself anyway! so that was good.

basically i want it to be his frame built how he thinks it should be built for me, it will be a mix of reynolds tubing, the three main tubes will be 853, i can't remember what the others were off the top of my head though.

this i think will be the last (modern) frame i buy for a long time, i want it to be right, handling wise, quality wise, fit wise and i want it to look f***ing cool.

and that's why i went to see Tom.

:cool:

cool, glad you're going custom :D however i disagree up to a point about how much the final design is up the the buyer and how much the maker. I had a lot of input into mine visually as i knew exactly what i wanted and would have been very disappointed if i didn't get that, however in terms of tube choice that was up to him as i told him how i would like it to feel and left that to him. Clearly i couldn't visually have exactly what i wanted as that may have upset the feel, but i let him guide me on that. I think a mix of input is healthy.

wow, that detail is incredible

really looking forward to seeing this finished Jonny

pulling up a chair :cool:

Back