I think I've bought an Airborne Lancaster ?

Beware of lifetime warrantys. The small print will say the lifetime of the frame, not the owner. The lifetime of the frame is usually expires 5 minutes before it breaks.

I could well be wrong, but didn't the Lancasters have disc & V brake mounts plus rack mounts on the seat stays?

Yup, Lancasters had V and disk mountings, this frame is an Airborne Mosquito, which IIRC was higher up the range, with fancier tube profiles and whatnot. So, a bit of a bargain for £225!!

Mmm that is interesting and well spotted ! :cool: I found this image of the Mosquito frame and have to agree it does look very like it.
Now just wish I could get a set of replacement decals.

PS. How goes the Lucky Strike build Bob ?

Attachments

• airborne-mosquito.jpg
    airborne-mosquito.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 746
Student Bob":vtaebipo said:
Yup, Lancasters had V and disk mountings, this frame is an Airborne Mosquito

Airborne had that many variants on spec that the statement may well be true, but I wouldn't trust it ... :LOL:

lumos2000":vtaebipo said:
WD Pro":vtaebipo said:
It does have some similar features to my Airborne :D

WD :D

like no headbadge ;)

That took almost as long to find as the forks for the Marin :shock: :LOL:

WD :D

Oh no so it may be a Lancaster after all ! Aaargh ! I guess there's no way to find out for sure unless something can be deduced from the serial number ?
Well for the moment I'm going to believe its a Mosquito as it looks closer to that than anything else I've seen.
I have got some generic Airborne decals including a stick on headtube logo so they'll have to do for now. :cry:

Back