97 Sunn Bmix

Thanks for the comments guys, it is indeed a lot of fun to ride and I think it was ahead of its time too.

The chainring was a little cheap to be honest so probably will go at some point, and although it is growing on me I think a Profile Imperial would look way cooler, just trying to decide whether to go for black or silver. I was going for a black and silver theme and just being a tart I want to get the balance right.

Emoco":33kswbba said:
I recognise the flats/buildings in the 2nd to last pic from when I used to commute to zone 8. Somewhere near marylbone?

Not far off. They are off Abbey Road, near Belsize Road if I remember correctly, somewhere between St Johns Wood, Swiss Cottage and Kilburn. Just thought it looked pretty cool. Heres another pic

IMG_2344.jpg

renaldo
you are becoming a sunn buff even more passionate than some french ones ;)
cant blame that :LOL:

that is lovely indeed and you treat the frame with superb Pauls :cool:

cooool :) and clean.. must be the ultimate pub bike, wheeling done the streets in a goofy cap.. does it have mtb or bmx bb housing?

bduc61":1srn9o4c said:
renaldo
you are becoming a sunn buff even more passionate than some french ones ;)
cant blame that :LOL:

that is lovely indeed and you treat the frame with superb Pauls :cool:

Thanks Bruno. The Pauls do look great on the bike but I'm having trouble getting the front brake to not squeel, even took it to my LBS, and I had the same problem on the last bike I had them fitted to :-(

biocandy":1srn9o4c said:
cooool and clean.. must be the ultimate pub bike, wheeling done the streets in a goofy cap.. does it have mtb or bmx bb housing?

I'm too afraid to leave it near any pubs where I live!
Bottom bracket is US sized BMX type. You could run an MTB bb with DMR Wondercups but I liked the idea of BMX cranks.

Silver Profile Imperial is in the post :cool:

Little update. Fitted a Profi Imperial ring, but didn't think it suited the bike that well, so went for a Whippet which I like much more.

IMG_2421.jpg

The Flats are just off the end of Abbey road - it's a grade 1 listed building! Right near my house...

Latest posts

Back