Jobafa Rallye

As I wrote in my first post, the front rim, where's the issue, is 700c alluminium one, the old one was Rigida Superchromix 27 inch steel rim, but there was almost no stopping with the MTB pads and the steel rim, so I moved on alluminium 700c to install narrower tire but this stopping problem is awfull. If it matters, my brake levers are Weinmann's too. They seemed to have a lot of "power" but this flexibility of the brake arms...

Ah... Didn't see that; that's what happens when you skim over the intro and scroll down to the photos. :oops:

From the side view of your front caliper - have you got some sort of gap between some of the spacers on the bolt that goes through the fork and holds the caliper? If it's not tight or there is play you'd certainly get some flexing there. I don't know that the levers would make much difference. Sometimes new, well-lubricated cables can make a difference, but you sound as if you've had a good look at it.

No, there is no gap, everything is tight enough. The cables are practically new (from this summer) and about 1000km or 620mi, but once I got caught by very very heavy rain and drove in it about 1 hour and may be it washed the lubrication out. I will think about replacing the cables, but I am looking forward to make a drop-bolt to use short-reach calipers which I am sure that won't flex. Thanks for the advice, mate :)

Back