1995 Kona Cindercone

Thanks for that. Think I'll have to get it rideable with a compromise on some parts, then tidy it up down the line. Just eager to get riding it now!

Thanks to Ringo, should have this on its way to me shortly :)

P1020326.jpg

Listed the Goldtec wheels on eBay now to see if there's any takers.

Had a spare we mins so thought I'd fit some bits back on the bike. Do like the Kona headset design, very clever.

f6343b24.jpg

Colour looks quite nice in the light, metallic showing up well.

926448a3.jpg

Waiting eagerly for the Postman to land with the last few parts! :x

Just ordered some Kronos springs for the Judy's. Look reasonably priced and well made so should do the job nicely:

111201KronosJudySprings.jpg

Wheels are now on too:

95cc484b.jpg

Looks nice!!!,and look forward to the end result,Pretty similar spec that ive got on my 95 Cindy, Im running full deore xt with Judy xc's on the front but ive changed from the v-brake to my dia compe 986 cantis since this pic as i only cable tied the rear outer cable to the frame to give it a test ride after its re-build.

SNB12403.jpg

Cassette landed. £14 off eBay and arrived next day. That'll do me :)

27140707.jpg

Also swopped the Judy's off the bike for now until the springs land from the US. Now has some P2's which fit perfectly, pretty good condition too.

Was in my local bike shop yesterday and picked up a few bits to help me get the Cindercone up and running. I'm waiting on a bar as stem arriving in the post, but eager to get the bike rideable I got a temp bar and stem for £3 (£1 stem and £2 bar) :)

98ba690f.jpg

83de1087.jpg

768e9fe5.jpg

Pretty please with it. Got a few small bits to tweak and can't wait to get the Judy's on (waiting on the springs from America). The 560mm bars feel so narrow too! Will declare the final cost soon :)

Back