97 Sunn Bmix

renaldo

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Bought this several months ago to try something different, and I've been enjoying it very much - its great fun for cruising around on and its also currently my favourite commuter, not really its intended purpose! Its in lovely condition and came with some nice original components, and I'm pretty happy with it now although I may change the chainring for a Profile Imperial - not sure whether silver or black would look best - and maybe the seatpost. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Spec and pics:

Frame: Sunn Bmix 4130 Chromo
Fork: Sunn 4130 Chromo

Headset: Diatech
Stem: Rudd (Sunn)
Bar: Robinson Racing
Grips: Grigripz BMX

Brakes: Paul Motolite
Brake Pads: Koolstop Thinline
Brake Cables: Shimano XT
Brake Levers: Paul Love

Freewheel: 18T
Chain: KMC OH-2
Cranks: Profile Racing 3-piece with GDH axle
Chainring: Profile Whippet 40T
Bottom Bracket: Profile Racing
Pedals: DMR V8

Hubs: Rudd (Sunn)
Rims: Mavic X138
Tyres: Schwalbe Table Top 26 x 2.25 folding

Saddle: Sunn Cycledelic
Seatpost: Rudd alloy

Weight: TBC

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

Looks immaculate. Like the Pauls brakes too. Very tidy bike, don't think I'd change anything on it to be honest.

remember paul roberts (or was it chico hook?) doing a flatty over pinner trails on a chrome bmix in an early issue of dirt magazine when i was a lad. awesome bikes, always wanted one :cool:

I recognise the flats/buildings in the 2nd to last pic from when I used to commute to zone 8. Somewhere near marylbone?

Nice bike, always wanted one back in the day.

I'd love one of these - a dirt jump bike way before it's time.

As an ex-bmx-er myself I have to say a silver Imperial chainring is one of the sexiest chainrings ever made - the black looks cheap IMHO.

I had some Profile SS cranks once, now those bad boys are HEAVY!

Back