Trek 8700, Trek 9200, and friends!

love the treks,especially the 9200!!! and its not even built lol

wouldnt mind a composite trek myself, a friend had one bitd and i never really appreciated it for what they were.

coomber":1yllc1hw said:
Rear tyre aside, loving that Rocky Mountain.

Nice selection you have there chap.

The other XC Fire red wall is on its way!

I have a great story about that one "coomber"! Found it 1600 km's away on a local classifieds ad (in my home town). Guy wanted $250 USD for it and I scraped up as much as I could and bought it......I waited 2 months for it to get Vancouver! I had a similar RM Hammer (exact year, model, but not the same size) when I was 14 years old.....that was 20 years ago! Brought back so many memories! It was a bonus with the Syncros forks and seatpost. The bike is absolutely MINT. I would confidently say that there is probably less than 50 Km's on this bike....Chain, cassette, tires, and brake pads are barely touched! It was as if the bike just rolled off the sales floor!

i have a 9200, stripped all the paint off it as corrosion had got under it and also the rear triangle had faded, yet ot rebuilt it, very interesting ot ride

mattbrown":q62etgb0 said:
i have a 9200, stripped all the paint off it as corrosion had got under it and also the rear triangle had faded, yet ot rebuilt it, very interesting ot ride

ARGH...don't get me started on the 9200. I have been waiting for a set of forks for about 2 months now. To boot they should've shown up 2 weeks ago but there is a postal strike happening in Canada....so no deliveries!!! The rear arm is faded so I am going to strip it down to bare aluminum and powder coat it purple. SO FRUSTRATING as I have been on this project for about 3 months now! All the parts are here waiting to be put on....oh and I ran into problems with removing the "stacked donuts"......opting to go with a more modern rear shock.....I will post pics soon!

Lastly this is my 1993 Trek 8700.

P1050048.jpg

P1050050.jpg

P1050049.jpg

P1050051.jpg

Major22":259px6de said:
That Rocky is very cool :cool: 20" size?

Good question! Haven't measured it but it doesn't seem that much bigger than my 18" Trek's. I would say 19 but wouldn't be surprised if it was a 19.5.

Trek 8700 Pro - neon orange

Good Morning, nice to see your Trek 8700 Pro and its in original superb condition. I have one also, my photos are here on RB

Attachments

• trek-8700_079.jpg
    trek-8700_079.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 2,001
Haven't posted on the 8700 for a while (not the 8700 pro). I decided to take off the XTR levers/shifters and the V-brakes and went with LX canti's and XT 8 speed lever/shifter. I also decided to take off the fork and I am awaiting my newly rebuilt fork....here's a look!

P1050070.jpg

P1050069.jpg

Latest posts

Back