So you want a Charlie Cunningham Indian #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
'I'll have the Cunningham' wasnt the exactly first thing on many peoples lips when buying their first bikes so its a bit unfair to moan about it now.

In the UK it was 'I'll have the slack jawed Dawes please'

------------

I was running my bike with drops and and roadie mechs back in 1991 - arriving at that independently of whatever was happening elsewhere simply because the parts were cheap at a local car-boot sale...

Har de har har!

I think shop-bought cakes are alright actually, and good value for money.

It's a lot of work to produce anything like that, home-made, so you might as well save yourself the hassle and buy one from a shop.

legrandefromage":1cqydqud said:
I was running my bike with drops and and roadie mechs back in 1991 - arriving at that independently of whatever was happening elsewhere simply because the parts were cheap at a local car-boot sale...

Har de har har!

So ten years after they were doing it in America you invented it in the UK, chapeau.

ededwards":1cqydqud said:
I think shop-bought cakes are alright actually, and good value for money.

It's a lot of work to produce anything like that, home-made, so you might as well save yourself the hassle and buy one from a shop.

You strike me more as an 'artisan cup cake' kinda guy, but yeah, we all like a 39p Battenburg now and again.

"I think shop-bought cakes are alright actually, and good value for money.

It's a lot of work to produce anything like that, home-made, so you might as well save yourself the hassle and buy one from a shop."

Ededwards, you are Ban Ki-Moon, and I claim my £5. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Rod_Saetan":2wkapr47 said:
Its true, the real pioneer is the one who re-appropriated road specific parts and technology to make riding off road lighter and faster...

... but not the guy who spuffed a load of money on the next big thing and hung it off inappropriate bikes.

Not fair.

I think what 'any123' is doing with all the electronic stuff is great.

I just also happen to think he's wrong about this Cunningham.

Rod_Saetan":3bui78kn said:
So ten years after they were doing it in America you invented it in the UK, chapeau.

Invented, no.

Independently and devoid of prior knowledge, yes, I was a first in my street...

ok i will put my hands up to the fact that i may have not got all my facts straight on the cunningham bike and that when i wrote my view i had just left the tranquility of the wilderness and landed back in this god forsaken place called reality, so yes i read seven pages and it was to and throw so i thought lets go with the one that will cause out rage for ten minutes.

After reflection i agree these guy's did do some inspiring things, but each to there own on this one due to the fact that the bike is plain ugly and if i tried to justify it to my wife then i would not have a home.

I still can't understand the fact that if this is the original then why is it not in a museum or snapped up for the treasure that it is being sold as.

thanks andy

any123":11olvbqw said:
I still can't understand the fact that if this is the original then why is it not in a museum or snapped up for the treasure that it is being sold as.

thanks andy
Neither do I. This fact bugging me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back