Un branded MTb.

Whats the betting its a super cheap crap frame just up specced with decent parts to get rid of it? When i worked in my first bike shop years ago we used to spec up un branded frames to do the same thing.

bikepirate":2uqr48ne said:
Whats the betting its a super cheap crap frame just up specced with decent parts to get rid of it? When i worked in my first bike shop years ago we used to spec up un branded frames to do the same thing.

Could very well be!

Top tube would be upside down on a Mid 2000's Marin, more pointy at the top. Rear mech routing was under the stay - at least it's like that on my 2006 frame.

Top tube would be upside down on a Mid 2000's Marin, more pointy at the top. Rear mech routing was under the stay - at least it's like that on my 2006 frame.
Thanks mate thats one brand down :LOL:

bikepirate":1z66y0fx said:
Hope so as i want the bits off it and the mrs wants me to buy her a new bike of equal value :shock:

Sounds like time to pimp both your rides!

I keep looking at this frame and thinking I remember what it is, but just can't place it, I'm seeing it in silver though, so it could have been that colour usually. The only thing out of place for me would be the forks, they weren't the kind of RS's to be found on a £1200 hardtail or for that matter a £600 one in the early 00's.

Sounds like time to pimp both your rides!
Well im thinking of getting rid of my full suspension and getting a good retro commuter bike and a nice xc hardtail so between the sale of parts etc should have a bit of cash for a couple nice frames to build up.

markwashington":2c43vt1y said:
I keep looking at this frame and thinking I remember what it is, but just can't place it, I'm seeing it in silver though, so it could have been that colour usually. The only thing out of place for me would be the forks, they weren't the kind of RS's to be found on a £1200 hardtail or for that matter a £600 one in the early 00's.
I know! that and no bb serial number has me convinced this was a shop special full xt mavics and then a rubbish fork doesnt fit to me either. It came from Farnham Cycles over ten years ago but i have the mrs on the case looking for the reciept etc, i will not be beaten by this :LOL:

Back