Not open for further replies.

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Cannock Turkey Twizzler - The Annual Retrobike Christmas Ride 2011

:: Date: Wednesday 28th December 2011
:: Distance/time: 18 miles or so spread out over a full day's riding with plenty of fuel stops and banter. Several short cut options available too.
:: Meeting at: Birches Valley Car Park, Cannock Chase. Please arrive by 10 a.m. for a 10.30 a.m. start.
:: Directions: Postcode: WS15 2UQ
:: Terrain: Forest trails, many man made.
:: Route: The morning will be the classic ‘Follow the Dog' trail, and after a stop for food we'll head off for some of the newly created trails and a bit of off piste.

RB-Cannock_01.jpg

The Turkey Twizzler returns to it's traditional Christmas week slot this year, but this time it's on a Wednesday*.
So if you've consumed your own body weight in mince pies and mulled wine, this will be the perfect opportunity to break away from the Xmas food fest and shed a pound or two in the Cannockshire mud.

This ride has attracted nearly 50 riders in the past so it's a great place to put some faces to those forum names.
There will also probably be a bit of a cycle jumble going on after the ride, so bring along any bits you want to swap, sell or give away as part of the festivities.

There will also probably be a few people keen to get there for an 8am 'early bird' ride. For the rest it's a 10am meet up with a 10:30am ride start.

RB-Cannock_00.jpg

* Wednesday I hear you cry! I know! Take a look at a calendar and you'll see how Christmas and New Year awkwardly fall on the weekends.
After much deliberation about a pre-Xmas or post-New Year date, we decided that the Turkey Twizzler had to be on the 28th in the end. It just wouldn't be Christmas without it.

Done my sums, I'm a no yet again, too far, too costly, wrong time of year. Cannock is reasonably central for England and Wales but not Scotland. Shame as the trails are great.

Have yet another great meet ;)

velomaniac":2ygpmq9s said:
Done my sums, I'm a no yet again, too far, too costly, wrong time of year. Cannock is reasonably central for England and Wales but not Scotland. Shame as the trails are great.

Have yet another great meet ;)

That's a shame but don't worry Velo. There will be a few rounds of the National series within easier striking distance for you this year.

theredchili":2ygpmq9s said:
Single Speed Friendly ? :shock:

Yes it is. A few climbs but not a bad option on a singlespeed.

saltyman":2pdiwyv6 said:
over 440 mile round trip for me :cry:

It's the same date as the NE&Yorks planned Pudding Run @ Dalby if that's any nearer

DEC 28th- Christmas Pudding Run, Dalby Forest, NYMoors
Last but not least. Work off that Turkey dinner at this classic RB festive bimble.

FluffyChicken":3mhrvnkk said:
It's the same date as the NE&Yorks planned Pudding Run @ Dalby if that's any nearer

DEC 28th- Christmas Pudding Run, Dalby Forest, NYMoors
Last but not least. Work off that Turkey dinner at this classic RB festive bimble.

I wasn't aware that that date had been confirmed...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back