Roberts rebuild - show me yours for inspiration

that looks like 80s pink and mine is from 94 :) I guess for this bike it'd have to be black and white if one chooses an original Roberts paint scheme. That however, is a bit too common (to the extent that one could say Roberts' are common).

I like my bikes to look boring and understated, as long as the ride is the opposite ;)

Progress!

A small step for man, etc...

Took a while, but another piece of the puzzle is nearly complete. With the disc conversion in the works, the front end needed changing too. I want to maintain the Pace RC30 crown and the framebuilder has fabricated new fork legs that fit the Pace crown. Only thing missing still is nickel-plating them.

DSC_7890 by

obviously the wheel is for testing purposes only :)

Frame has returned from the powder-coater (no pics yet), so who knows, I may just ride this before Christmas...not sure which year though:)

Cheers, Giel

Re: Progress!

Giel":39x3nxjz said:
A small step for man, etc...

Took a while, but another piece of the puzzle is nearly complete. With the disc conversion in the works, the front end needed changing too. I want to maintain the Pace RC30 crown and the framebuilder has fabricated new fork legs that fit the Pace crown. Only thing missing still is nickel-plating them.

obviously the wheel is for testing purposes only :)

Frame has returned from the powder-coater (no pics yet), so who knows, I may just ride this before Christmas...not sure which year though:)

Cheers, Giel

looks like a lovely job there bud, big roberts fan here, waiting for more installments with interest.... :cool:

The work looks good so far - better than Roberts would do now days I'm sure.

What work has caused the burning marks around the BB-Chainstays?

Cheers

Nice frame and forks!

Silver and blue again would have be cool..

Thanks chaps, just received a better pic:

DSC_7898 by Michiel Kuit, on Flickr

I must say I am getting excited now!

Woodsman":1dwzotgv said:
What work has caused the burning marks around the BB-Chainstays

Originally this bike used a down pull front mech with a pulley. I am running a m900 top pull so the pulley mounting point has been filled.

Woodsman":1dwzotgv said:
The work looks good so far - better than Roberts would do now days I'm sure.

Quite a statement, care to explain? I have on 2 occasions tried (and failed) to buy something from Roberts; communication was a royal pain in the *ss. I wasn't aware that workmanship has gone down too, interested to hear more.

Cheers, Giel

Does this help... :cool:

Attachments

• Proper bike and a gayly coloured Klein.jpg
    Proper bike and a gayly coloured Klein.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 780
  • Chas Roberts Stratos.jpg
    Chas Roberts Stratos.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 780
Back