Next Ride out?

Dr S":1zzxwk4j said:
A quick glance at my diary shows Saturday 19th november to be free. Anyone up for a ride?

Si

Ive had a word with the BOSS and the 19th is ok for me :D So get ya map out Si ;)

Let me know what you decided to do, where and what time.

:D kaya

Cool.

I've had a look at the maps, Memory Map, Google Earth and my old note books and I think I might have a very nice route.

Start at Sutton Bank and take the quiet tarmac lanes to Old Byland and then follow single and double track towards Rievlaux Abbey. More woodsy stuff brings you out at Newgate Bank, then over Helmsley Moor, down the bank, down Roppa Moor and into the trees again, back towards Bilsdale, round the back of the moor past the farms, short tarmac squirt to the pub at Hawnby at 2/3 distance. Then a climb up through Thorodale and up onto the Cleveland way above Boltby for the big view finish and singletrack back to Sutton Bank. 24 miles total.

Cafe and loads of parking at the start.
Tea room at the Abbey.
Pub at Hawnby.
Cafe at the finish!

Sounds ideal.

Unclejack":2k0021sh said:
Si, is there room for one more?

Yeah, for sure. Its an open house. Everyone welcome and made to feel welcome. I'm sure there will be a thread up this week.

Si

Can't make that one I'm afraid as the wife's having an op on the 17th so I'll be looking after her and the dogs, enjoy yourselves.
Matthew

Any preference regarding dates for this years Christmas Pudding Run around Dalby? I'm off from the 20th and back to work on the 3rd so pretty free and easy here.

Si

Dr S":8t8h85h1 said:
Any preference regarding dates for this years Christmas Pudding Run around Dalby? I'm off from the 20th and back to work on the 3rd so pretty free and easy here.

Si

Same as you Si all dates are ok with me, what about 28th or 29th ?

kaya":lppzeoj6 said:
Dr S":lppzeoj6 said:

Si

Same as you Si all dates are ok with me, what about 28th or 29th ?

28th or 29th should be good for me too.

Back