Torridon, 28th/29th April 2012

I reckon bigger ride on the Saturday and a shorter one on the Sunday before heading home.

kaiser":jkehbvqz said:
Something like this

4176789037_e93455e274_o.png

aye, that's the one. The section after the road at couglas to the col (Bealach na Lice) is tricky, however your surrounded by nice moutains. The decent then to Annat is fantastic with great views of Laithach.

GMac if you know the terrain what would be our best chose of
weapon, full ridged retro, modern front sus? Whit? :?

:D know this area :D

Accommodation - SW corner of route is not far from Lochcarron Hotel, behind which is a small but useable campsite :cool:

LC hotel has some very fine beer and food too - well it did a couple of years ago :twisted:

As ME mugged me before the Nevis trip I'm loathe to commit to anything despite any interest I might have.

I reckon showing up at the last minute with my tent and rough camping if needed is the best approach to commitment I can go for. I'll monitor this thread ;)

RobMac":2zw3vduu said:
GMac if you know the terrain what would be our best chose of
weapon, full ridged retro, modern front sus? Whit? :?

very much a hardtail ride in 4 sections

road
easy single track & landy track, breaking into fire road
road
then walkers path, narrow, stoney, drainage things, turning to grass, then the decent on walkers path, with some nice slabs, not steep just long and fun.

front sus for comfort, fully ridged possible

(however I've never owned full ss, so wtf do I know :LOL: :LOL: )

velomaniac":1m97n45j said:
As ME mugged me before the Nevis trip I'm loathe to commit to anything despite any interest I might have.

I reckon showing up at the last minute with my tent and rough camping if needed is the best approach to commitment I can go for. I'll monitor this thread ;)

Velo, there might/is an easier route option. Do what you feel like when you are there, better than camping if your not feeling too braw.

kaiser":tmeymofk said:
I reckon bigger ride on the Saturday and a shorter one on the Sunday before heading home.

I like the idea of the extra Sunday ride but its a 5 hour drive minimum to get home afterwards :?

Back