GT Zaskar 20th Anniversary

Reissue

Finished at last :D

Apart from the Onza bar ends theres no retro but i wanted a modern build.

Attachments

• Photo0336.jpg
    Photo0336.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 2,930
  • Photo0337.jpg
    Photo0337.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 2,929
  • Photo0341.jpg
    Photo0341.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 2,928
Zaskar reissue

you know to be honest i havent ridden her yet as im away for a week :cry:

Will take her over to Ham hill or the Qauntocks next week hopefully.

Zaskar update

Need to add some new photos. Now closing on 2000km since getting back in the saddle last October. This is no garage queen, she's gets ridden every week.
Some changes have been made since first getting going. Changed grips for ergo type as my age is catching up with me and i was suffering from numb hands on longer rides. The grips really help, they're not perfect but are much better.
Tyres changed for nobby nics on the rear and racing Ralphs on the front, 2.1" fits with a bit of space inside the chain/seat stays....just
Seat post changed from a sumo bouncy post to a Thompson post.

There are also going to be some changes coming up. I've decided to go more retro and change my disc brakes for v brakes. This means changing the forks and wheels as well.

I'll post photos as the change progresses.

That's all for now.

Zaskar headset

Hi Flatlander

Thats a nice bike you have. I've just bought a re-issue zaskar frame and I'm glad I got the info about the Hope headset not fitting, I was just about to buy one! Been looking at cane creek H/sets but don't know which size to get (short, long etc.) what is on yours?

Re: Zaskar headset

Slojo":2s6h1zm1 said:
Hi Flatlander

Thats a nice bike you have. I've just bought a re-issue zaskar frame and I'm glad I got the info about the Hope headset not fitting, I was just about to buy one! Been looking at cane creek H/sets but don't know which size to get (short, long etc.) what is on yours?

I went for the short top cap, mainly because that was the only type I could find at the time. Having spent some time looking around later, I've found that FSA do a nice one with a tall cap. In hindsight I would have bought the tall one as I think it looks better, but thats down to personal taste. Good luck and enjoy building up a great frame.

gm1230126":2rt8sd9x said:
Damn fine looking bike for a modern build.

Many thanks.
She's looking a little different as of last weekend. Now has xtr v-brakes and a fox fork, plus that meant changing the wheels too. Felt that I should try and re-build a bit retro style. Racked up about 1400miles over the last 12 months, and still enjoying every mile.

Re: Zaskar headset

Slojo":2w0phhho said:
Hi Flatlander

He had a lot of learning/pain with the re-issue Zaskar headset.So best to find out what he did before having to go through the same pain.

Why GT decided to go away froma regular headset arrangement :evil:
No chance of fitting a CK or a regular Hope.And both of those will last for ever.

Back