Help identifying this frame..... Ritchey???

suburbanreuben":jc51wnw1 said:
Dropouts and BB shell were available off the shelf to any builder wanting them. The seat post binder bolt is typical Ritchey P series but the lug work is not. The dropouts put it at '97 onward.
That is some bloody lovely welding though! Quality kit! How does it ride, and just how cheap is "cheap"? ;)

Haven't ridden it yet..... Needs some finishing....
I thought the welding was pretty good, very clean!

I paid €35 for the frame..... :oops:

stumpjumper1990":2qp0duhi said:
suburbanreuben":2qp0duhi said:
Dropouts and BB shell were available off the shelf to any builder wanting them. The seat post binder bolt is typical Ritchey P series but the lug work is not. The dropouts put it at '97 onward.
That is some bloody lovely welding though! Quality kit! How does it ride, and just how cheap is "cheap"? ;)

Haven't ridden it yet..... Needs some finishing....
I thought the welding was pretty good, very clean!

I paid €35 for the frame..... :oops:
:shock:

This is the bb of a 1997 RM Equipe (same frame as that year's Blizzard). It was made in Vancouver, presumably in August 1996. It also has Ritchey dropouts, but of the plain variety, not hooded like yours. The main tubes are Tange Prestige, and I don't think it has any Ritchey tubes, so the bb and dropouts were presumably just to give the frame a little extra cachet.

Attachments

• 1997 Rocky Mountain Equipe frame size 17.5 B96080310.jpg
    1997 Rocky Mountain Equipe frame size 17.5 B96080310.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 665
Anthony":2zkbk6vo said:
This is the bb of a 1997 RM Equipe (same frame as that year's Blizzard). It was made in Vancouver, presumably in August 1996. It also has Ritchey dropouts, but of the plain variety, not hooded like yours. The main tubes are Tange Prestige, and I don't think it has any Ritchey tubes, so the bb and dropouts were presumably just to give the frame a little extra cachet.

Thanks for the info.... Got to find myself the framebuilder... It's going to be difficult without framenumber... :?

Whatever it is, it looks bloody nice (and a bargain to boot!).
If you cant stretch to a Rohloff, how about an alfine instead? and here comes the sales pitch
I just happen to have one for sale at the moment ;)

"I know these Ritchey dropouts came available in 1997 for other framebuilders."

Earlier than that I think, judging by my Saracens.

Very nice frmae!

makster":tj4qw7xs said:
Whatever it is, it looks bloody nice (and a bargain to boot!).
If you cant stretch to a Rohloff, how about an alfine instead? and here comes the sales pitch
I just happen to have one for sale at the moment ;)

Probably for disc brakes, isn't it? :?

Back