JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

sylus":2ch31q94 said:
I think father christmas maybe looking for an orange for me this year :D

Do it mate, the steel frames ride great imho..., great value for money too.... :cool:

I still need a large early Clockwork for my cellar... in fact I'd prioritise a good one of these over an RC100, but that's just me...

totti":2f3v9l42 said:
I took my Clockwork out for a spin up the woods this morning and managed to take a few pics...

I tried different settings on the camera to show the fluro paintwork, but no matter what I tried i couldn't really do it justice.
It really does look fantastic in the 'flesh' ...
Here's how it got to this stage - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=160338&highlight=

thanks for sharing totti, and im glad you are enjoying it, i hate trying to take a photo of mine too.......doesnt matter how hard i try i just cant capture the neon colour right...., the most impressive pic i have seen to date, is nevadasmiths snow shot...., bloody brilliant camera skills.... :cool:

mrkawasaki":3pbiqexx said:
I still need a large early Clockwork for my cellar... in fact I'd prioritise a good one of these over an RC100, but that's just me...

Mr Kawasaki......the pace RC100 is another monumental memory for me, one of those i saw bitd for the first time at a race event, well out of my reach back then, but on my bucket list now for sure.

if i see large clockwork come up for sensible money ill give you the heads up.... :cool:

P.s, great taste by the way... :D

I have a totally refinished steel orange stalk stem that it too short for me, if anyones interested and could make use of it..... :shock: :D :cool:

Attachments

• orange_stalk_and_ali_stalk_113.jpg
    orange_stalk_and_ali_stalk_113.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,562
I used to have a clockwork til about 2 years ago tight funds and didn't like the brake judder i got from the pace forks so i sold it kinda wish i hadn't as i put a huge effort into getting it right anyways pics :cool:

kit list was

Frame. :roll:

Forks. pace rc30 crome

Headset. king silver

Wheels. hope mono front and Real rear with x517 cd rims dt db silver spokes all Nos

Bars. orange hot rods

Stem. Tioga

Seatpost. Tioga

Brakes. Onza H.O's with dia comp ss5 levers silver

Drive. Full XT m737/m738/m739 and chain and cassette with middleburn slick shift hardcoat rings

Tyres. Tioga butterscotch

Saddle. Orange Sella italia flight ti

Grips. lizard charger's in orange

it rode loverly just the canti's used to judder with those forks no matter how much toe in or adjusting i did even used kool stop eagle 2 and then thinline pads to see if that helped but alas no just judder judder judder

:cry:

Attachments

• dsc00535_large_165.jpg
    dsc00535_large_165.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 2,542
  • dsc00536_large_141.jpg
    dsc00536_large_141.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 2,541
  • 01022009_015_large_133.jpg
    01022009_015_large_133.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 2,540
  • 01022009_017_large_756.jpg
    01022009_017_large_756.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 2,542
sinnerman":3063biwt said:
sylus":3063biwt said:
I think father christmas maybe looking for an orange for me this year :D

Do it mate, the steel frames ride great imho..., great value for money too.... :cool:

I'm going to be moving back to states just in time for the snow and so have pre ordered a surly pugsly black ops

but..fearing i may stay longer ..i am thinking i might want to take some rule britania out there to show the yankees hows it done

my 93 clockwork in its first guise pre-diet...

2011-05-06182146.jpg

It wasn't ideal & needed a few component changes and with weighing over 30lbs it had to go lighter. I have since got a syncros crank to replace the race face one, some polished f7's to get rid of the heavy RS indy's, the wheelset has been switched out from the big-uns to a hope mono based pairing and i've acquired a syncros saddle to see how it looks (possibly a tad chunky for the build but it was a good price and worth the risk!!! last piece of the puzzle is a polished syncros flatbar and it'll be complete.

2011-10-14012103.jpg

If funds allow next year, I will send it away to be powdercoated black and have '93 decals put back on it in place of the slime green & anniversary decals.

sinnerman":1yatoedf said:
jonnyboy666":1yatoedf said:
i have 2 clockworks, a 93(?) and an 07.

the 93 i found on a scrap heap, no joke, i recognised the paint, it was the orange/purple fade, quite ugly really, checked it over and it was straight, sent it to argos for a repiant, kept it like that for 2 years then came to hate the paint so i sent it to bob jackson and had it painted british racing green with gold lettering, same colours as the later (96?)c16r. i would have done it the traditional orange white fade but i already at that point had the 07 model which was orange white. i built it with mostly a deore dx 7speed group, the headset and brake pads are xt and it's mint. currently doesn't have slicks on though, it has hutchinson tyres on it.

when the 07 clockwork came out i had to have one, for me it does scream retro, steel, classic paint, but modernised. i tried to build it a bit british by going down the hope hubs/brakes route(brakes are all silver, special order from hope from when i was in the trade) and i would have used a middleburn chainset but the x type version wasn't out at the time so i used a raceface dues bar/stem/post/chainset, the rest is xtr, king headset and reba world cup forks.

the 07 is defo my favourite bike out of all of mine, it just does everything for me.
:)

Jonny.......i love the refinish in the green, looks very classy and the build is no nonsense too.... love it.... :cool:

The 07 model you have was from memory an instant sales success, and with limited numbers....from memory always sold out..., i have seen these making mental money on ebay too..., did they do one se edition in 07 or was there an earlier model done in these colours too.....i cant remember now can you......??

my lad would still like one the same...., dont think he will ever grow out of his orange phase.... :D

in 07 they did 2 build options and as frame only, the clockwork S, deore based, tora fork, avid brakes, then the Pro version, xt based, pace fork, hope hubs/brakes. the only se option as such was buying the pro then upgrading to the SE extras like thomson bar and post, easton bar and hope qr's.

i bought mine as frame only, they had 200 made, mine is number 200/200 :)

i don't think they used the paint design since the 10th anniversary though.

still my favourite bike :)

Back