So you want a Charlie Cunningham Indian #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
alu

legrandefromage":2rvpui9q said:
If this had been built anywhere outside the US, I doubt if there would be as much interest.

that hits the nail on the head, so much hype about the american builders,but not the quality to back it up

Re: alu

matthew71":wahuf6yi said:
legrandefromage":wahuf6yi said:
If this had been built anywhere outside the US, I doubt if there would be as much interest.

that hits the nail on the head, so much hype about the american builders,but not the quality to back it up

Bullsh*t.

Its a fact, sadly, that bike builders in the US were the first to properly embrace off-road riding and really push the technology and industry forward.

I wish it had been different, I really do. I wish that Geoff Apps had realised which way the winds were blowing, I wish that the guys doing this in the UK had had the vision and business sense to get on the train earlier, but they didn't. The US beat us to it.

This bike might not be the best looking or the best put together, but its an important piece in the jigsaw that is the evolution of the mountain bike and its sad that a 'retrobiker' has no appreciation of that history.

legrandefromage":2xu39bba said:

of course there wouldn't be as much interest, it wouldn't be important

"of course there wouldn't be as much interest, it wouldn't be important"

:LOL: You really are a very,very naughty man......... :LOL: :LOL:

hollister":3f9wagnd said:
of course there wouldn't be as much interest, it wouldn't be important

Haha! Nice.

Its just a Cunningham with cantilever brakes and the wrong fork. Barf.

Russell":2w8khlq0 said:
matthew71":2w8khlq0 said:
legrandefromage":2w8khlq0 said:

Bullsh*t.

Its a fact, sadly, that bike builders in the US were the first to properly embrace off-road riding and really push the technology and industry forward.

I wish it had been different, I really do. I wish that Geoff Apps had realised which way the winds were blowing, I wish that the guys doing this in the UK had had the vision and business sense to get on the train earlier, but they didn't. The US beat us to it.

This bike might not be the best looking or the best put together, but its an important piece in the jigsaw that is the evolution of the mountain bike and its sad that a 'retrobiker' has no appreciation of that history.

It was never a 'race' between the UK and US, more of a downhill course in California.

As a 'Retrobiker' I can appreciate that.

matthew71":2tnoho0p said:
legrandefromage":2tnoho0p said:

Jesus Christ you two. Charlie Cunningham kicked the ball a decade into the future with this bike. That is where the interest lies, not the welding or country of origin.

And if you want to get all snooty, how can someone with a sig full of Taiwanese bikes possibly comment on quality?

I can't believe I'm having to type this response to such ignorant rubbish.

Dr S":2hyshucn said:
Jesus Christ you two. Charlie Cunningham kicked the ball a decade into the future with this bike. That is where the interest lies, not the welding or country of origin.

And if you want to get all snooty, how can someone with a sig full of Taiwanese bikes possibly comment on quality?

I can't believe I'm having to type this response to such ignorant rubbish.

Well said that man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back