1991 Rocky Mountain Experience

Gil has sent me a proof of the decals but they aren't quite right. Not bad for the first try though!

Not sure about the colour of the red though. I think it should be a little pinker but as all the original decals have faded and the catalogue image is poor it's difficult to get it right.

He's done the fork decals!! Woo-hoo!

b583d5e7.jpg

Rob if you can print to acetate (ohp stuff) then try a draft print on that and overlay your decals.

A proof I had (not from gil afaik) was at a different slope to the one's on my bike.

The red should be the same red as the logo. I might have to fire up illustrator and check what I had got up to.

Turbo saddle (NOS), Shimano M730 Deore XT Seat QR (NOS) and Kalloy Uno bars arrive today.

Probably won't use the bars as the gold isn't right but they'll be used elsewhere anyway.

Ooooooh I do like getting presents through the post. :)

65d5fe9d.jpg

Received the headset today.
Shimano M741 Deore XT model.
It's NOS and its gorgeous!!!

Paid less for it than you might think too. :-D

18de4c22.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Well the wheels won't be OEM anyway, don't have the cash for it.

Tyres will be nearly OEM (skinwall ritcheys - can afford Z-max's!).

Rob Atkin":7id3gqpa said:
Gil has sent me a proof of the decals but they aren't quite right. Not bad for the first try though!

Not sure about the colour of the red though. I think it should be a little pinker but as all the original decals have faded and the catalogue image is poor it's difficult to get it right.

He's done the fork decals!! Woo-hoo!

If you're going with red, as FC stated, it should be the same red as in the logo. However if it's more pink that tickles your fancy, you can go with lavender/pink-magenta with a baby blue shadow that also was available. ;)

Attachments

• Exp.jpg
    Exp.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,707
  • DSC02095.sized.jpg
    DSC02095.sized.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,707
Back