97 Santa Cruz Heckler

jimmy5willy":2jphf7hw said:
dyna-ti":2jphf7hw said:
Whats the front mech situ for the heckler and tazmon :? is it a bottom swing :?

The Bikepedia link says top swing for the Heckler. No idea for the Taz. Lower halves of the front triangle look similar though. :?

I'll do a pic later ,but the distance on mine between the top of the outer chain ring and the bottom of the rear triangle is a measured 45mm,the heckler looks about 75+mm :? that may account for me thinking mine is bottom swing. Be a bit tight with a top swing
Sign, alas,something else to buy :LOL:

You'll need a bottom swing (conventional) for a '97 Heckler, the bit between downtube and seat tube that the swingarm pivot is on gets in the way of a top swing. 1998 and on just have plates on the downtube so the seat tube is unobstructed and you can use a top swing.

High clamp = bottom swing. Low clamp = top swing. Not to be confused with top and bottom _pull_, which is where the cable comes from.

Anyway, steering back on track..

Got an email from the seller. He's back. Must've had a sh!t weekend though. -He's in a foul mood and has reverted back to his "Collection Only" policy. On top of that his paypal is all messed up so I can't even pay him. Gives the usual "I don't understand computers, my son does paypal for me..." and yet he can upload a photo onto ebay overnight. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

cartoon-ninja-8.png

Finally!!! After much ninja like battling, and compromising..
It's arrived.
charge.gif

392840_10151017104055541_717250540_21989456_1523741865_n.jpg

*Bananas to demonstrate how rubbish my phone is. :LOL:[/img]

Ahh, I remeber the "old" Heckler, I used to have the "Heckler X" which (IIRC) is that frame but with a Fox Vanilla X shock. I really liked the frame, thought it was really good to ride, until I got a Super Light...

Quick update: I'm a very busy bunny with 3 build on the go at the mo. :LOL:

Recent additions are:

Chainrings (although I still need one bolt!)
Seat & post
XTR Rear Mech
Judy DHO Forks - still needing new decals though
IRC Tyres
Mavic D521 Silver rims (Grey on the front is off the STS just for the mock up, I'm still sorting a front hub for the Heckler)
Titec stem - as per original spec ;)
Riser bar was attempted delivery today so that'll be here tomorrow
LX Brake levers
XT V Brakes
Unknown 8 spd shifters

426970_10151396098595541_717250540_23366744_901171086_n.jpg

Back