M.I.A

im sure theres a lot of regular readers who dont post much (like me!). for some reason safari doesnt like keeping me logged in, but im on here having a quick squizz every half hour or so during a working day! :roll:

grade a's and scarlett are mates of mine i think there are just busy with work and horses but yeah miss em round here top people!

and as if by magic he re-appears to flog his Yo -Eddy....(see the for sale forum)

real shame, I remember how long he lusted after getting that..

Good grief, I turn my back for a few minutes, and...

:LOL:

Yeah, I'm still here(ish), as is scarlett aka SWMBO... The Explosif is still going strong Hilts, putting in the miles as a daily hack to work (when it's not raining or too cold of course), and the missus has sold her LavaDome but gained a Bonty RaceLite frame that might get built up in the near future... As has been pointed out though, four legs has taken over from two wheels at the mo, but my riding's progressing to the point where I'm starting to have fun...!

However, yes, the Yo is for sale - and there is a story/reason behind it! Basically, scarlett/Laura and I met as members of The Corrado Forum, joining due to two cars that we owned. These have since been sold on - my Cal-style Passat is now owned by her boss at a VW tuners and is in safe hands, but her Corrado has unfortunately turned up in a very sorry state being offered for spares or repair. I refuse to let it be scrapped and so am set on buying it back for her and getting it sorted, whatever the cost. So, the only thing I have left of decent value that isn't in regular use is the Yo. :( Needs must, and all that...

Anyhoo, we have been saying that we need to get out on the bikes again, and I still have a Rock Lobster frame to build up too, so don't write us off just yet!

Dave

PS. someone buy the Yo, please? ;)

<waves>

hello...!

I'm still here... tend to read posts without logging in as I dont ever know enough about bikes to merit replying to the threads I read!! :)

Sadly winter means the horses taking up most of our time - and money.. My Lavadome was sold to finance a new saddle for one of the beasts, however I did eventually get a Bonty RaceLite frame in my size thats in need of TLC (Thanks Mr Orange!!) and I'm currently 'planning' the build on that so we can be back out on two wheels in the summer... which reminds me, anyone got anodised red bits for sale??? So you'll soon have me asking loads of useless questions again and you'll all be desperate to get rid of me!

Horses, retro dubs and retro mtbs are all expensive time consuming hobbies in their own rights, we both do all 3... :roll:

Am sad the Yo has to go, in a way I hope it doesnt sell - however we have to save my old Corrado so she is being sacrificed for the greater good, right? Have promised Dave another Yo Eddy as soon as we can get another so he'll be back...

Laura
:D

Ooh, tasty hobbies those.

What model is your old/new Corrado?

I had three of them in my younger days:

1) A black G60 with black interior that had just had a new G-lader when I bought it. The garage I sold it to thought it had been chipped cos thay said "It's the fastest G60 we've ever seen". Brilliant noise on the downshifts for a junction or a roundabout. Traded in for

2) A (red badged) blue VR6 with grey leather interior. This was fast and smooth, right up until the point when I parked it upside down in a field after a sky-ground-sky-ground-sky-ground scenery moment on an icy morning. The best £10 I ever spent was the protected no claims bonus on my insurance, which meant I could use the payout to get

3) A (chrome badged) blue VR6 with cloth interior. This one was even faster, and still smoother and I kept this until a return to university and associated debts led me to sell it and buy an old Volvo estate (oh, the shame) which was a brilliant mountainbiking car - 5 bikes and 5 people inside!

Its a red K reg 2ltre 16v. Currently fading to pink on some blokes driveway with a running fault... however as I work for a tuning company fixing her and restoring her shouldnt be too much of a hassle...

previoulsy had another fettled 16v that wasnt far off a VR and my OH Dave had a blue VR...

Love Corrados.... :)

Nice to see your both ok :D and that my post "flushed you out" so to speak :LOL:
Maybe we could have some before and after shots of your motor :?:
Now then, where's matt payne, not lost at sea i hope.

Back