Aende 531c MORE PICS & INFO!

Spibblo

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
UPDATE. MORE PICS AND INFO BOTTOM OF PAGE 1 THROUGH TO PAGE 2

I've just finished my Aende, just put the bar tape on. This is my first road bike build. I will go into more detail and add better quality pics some time soon. For now though, what do you all think?

Attachments

• Image0131 (640x479).jpg
    Image0131 (640x479).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 3,356
I always wanted an Aende but 30 odd years ago I couldn't aford one .. :(

Frames ridden by Dean Butler 1978 (a junior like me) who I think had to retire due to a heart condition.....

Nice :)

Shaun

I like that very much - possibly with a racier saddle and the bar stem a bit lower down...? But it's nice and I look forward to seeing more detailed pics. Always good to see something a bit different.

Midlife":mlbw71m5 said:
I always wanted an Aende but 30 odd years ago I couldn't aford one .. :(

Frames ridden by Dean Butler 1978 (a junior like me) who I think had to retire due to a heart condition.....

Nice :)

Shaun

About 17 years ago I was offered one of Deans track bikes for £100 but couldn't afford it, can't remember what it was but I'm sure he also rode John Pavey frames. It's long gone now but I'll ask the guy who had it what it was.

Back to this Aende - nice, love the colours :cool:

Loads of bikes were blue metallic in the 70's.......I had a blue / green metallic Woodrup which I had Copper plated as a change :)

Never saw another :)

As well as Dean there was another rider from Port Sunlight wheelers, memeory fades after 30 plus years but surname was Bell. I was a Time Trialer at heart and he was a Road guy....... wonder what happened ?

Shaun

Midlife,

That might be Mark Bell. A prolific champ now, sadly, no longer with us. I was blethering to a friend a week or so ago over a frame of snooker when he mentioned Mark as being a relative. Googling, I found this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Bell_(cyclist)

Apologies for straying O/T. First road bike, uh? Now you're hooked!! Nice!

ORS":3ai2ih5l said:
Midlife,

That might be Mark Bell. A prolific champ now, sadly, no longer with us. I was blethering to a friend a week or so ago over a frame of snooker when he mentioned Mark as being a relative. Googling, I found this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Bell_(cyclist)

Apologies for straying O/T. First road bike, uh? Now you're hooked!! Nice!

And there's also Tony, his brother, who writes a lot for magazines.

I remember their Dad racing in the early 60's.

Nice Aende (to get back on subject!) It's a brand I would not like to refuse if one was offered - at the right price of course ;)

brake cables should be switched (left lever=front brake/ right lever=rear brake in a standard set up).. apart from that nice first build!

Keep up the good work

Most road/TT bikes of that era used the shortest cable route which was right hand for the front brake if Campag or Dura-ace ...............or left hand front brake for the Alf Engers drilled out Weinman 500's LOL

Phyl Bayton Style.........the best rider :)

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o181 ... _Phil_.jpg

Personal choice really at the end of the day :D

Shaun

PS Sad to hear about Mark Bell, very talented, won the Peter Buckley Trophy for the last season I rode :(

Some nice replies guys and useful tips, Cheers!

It's a frameset from 1985

Not heard of switching the cables over before ( french bikes other way as standard, I think?), guess I'm used to mtb's, I'll leave the cables as they are as I'm easily confused and might pull the wrong one...(and die)

The saddle does weigh a ton but is as comfy as you like, so that's staying too- unless I fit a sportier looking brooks? I will move the stem down a bit just want to get used to the whole road bike position, quite different from my mountain bikes- great though it feels really smooth and handles beautifully, can't wait to get out on it again.

Pictures and more info soon guys, thanks for your input.

Spibbs :cool:

Back