Brodie Rodie?

billinjah

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
anyone know anything about these just won one on evilbay looks nice but very badly listed only ones i can see searching around the net are carbon ones this looks to be steel.

Attachments

• broadie.JPG
    broadie.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 1,464
lol I was bidding against you on that. I bottled it at £70 as the seller was rubbish with details.

AFAIK that particular Rodie is of 1996 vintage and features Tange Ultimate tubeset. Have you taken delivery of it yet? I was concerned that there may be seatpost 'issues' and also couldn't see if there was a missing braze on for the seat clamp. Maybe it needs a collar?

If all goes wrong you can sell it on to me ;)

picked it up today it looks really nice syncros stem and dura ace caliper. the seatpost needs a clamp there isnt any remains of a braze on for a bolt so i think its std. The post is stuck but not badly no-one has tried to remove it so i hope it will come out easily ive dealt with worse. The drop out are Henry james who supplied to brodie at the time so i think i got a real bargain it will be built up with quality mid 90's parts.

billinjah":1rmha2po said:
picked it up today it looks really nice syncros stem and dura ace caliper. the seatpost needs a clamp there isnt any remains of a braze on for a bolt so i think its std. The post is stuck but not badly no-one has tried to remove it so i hope it will come out easily ive dealt with worse. The drop out are Henry james who supplied to brodie at the time so i think i got a real bargain it will be built up with quality mid 90's parts.

Nice work, wish I put a higher bid in now :LOL:

I really like the geometry of that frame. I'd already built it up in my mind so do it justice!

Good image to work from here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... temId=2568

Does indeed show off the CNC seat collar. Really nice frame...

yep thats the one! excited about this now it came with some aluminium forks that are 5 peice cant see what make they are might have to find some tange for it.

First Flight have some Henry James/ Waterford Forks in their used stock at the moment, bit of a respray and they would look perfect on it! although they would cost as much as the frame itself ($145 before shipping!)

Back