Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Howdy.

Collected this this morning. Everything seems to work although the elastomers in the fork seem to compress and stay that way!

As far as i can see it is original bar the v brakes and onza bar ends so i will be sorting that out.

seems a little too stretched out so will try a shorter stem and maybe a riser bar. saddle i9s positioned to thew rear so i will centralise that too.

This is how it is now...

27zw9ye.jpg

Spech

Love the look of that!
There's a few turning up in topic recently!

TC

thanks tc.

bit of an update. the fork has been replaced with a mag 20 (1?) until i can locate some firm elastomers, stem has been swapped for a shorter tioga t bone, pedals are spd and sadly the rear tyre is toast and has been swapped for a good psycho

sorry for the crappy pic...

e6r85l.jpg

Re: Post subject: 1996 Specialized Ground Control A

Hello....I have never used this site/page before so apologize if you get this msg 3 different places!

Could you please tell me how much this bike is worth?

Thanks for your time. :)

Annie

Re:

I had the steel frame lower end version of that bike for some time.
A simple and effective FS design from that era.
Achilles heel was not the front sus or worn out rear linkage bushes similiar to the bikes from that time but the false design of rear suspension unit fixture.
Rear sus unit pivots at a single joint so all angular forces of the rear linkage put pressure on the sus unit shaft which is not designed that way.
The end result is a leaking/blown sus unit and a spongy rear end.
However I still feel nostalgic and regret selling it when ıne pops up on the forum.
So enjoy your ride
My basic comments for that bike http://canycl.blogspot.com.tr/2011/12/s ... -1996.html

Back