1995 Kona Cindercone

Will have to pick some up, it's winding me up!

The bars are Scott bars with a Club Roost brace on them. Think I'll soon be parting with them both and put the cash towards some flat bars and a Velocity stem.

I bought everything in the first pics in one go from my local bike shop. They'd had it for years and decided the other day it was time for a clear out. Got it all for what I thought was a reasonable price, so pretty happy.

Although the Judy's seem to 'bounce' ok, they do look a bit flat as mentioned above. Has a spare few mins last night so stripped them down...

Elastomers looked to have either shrunk or disintegrated. There's a few marks on the stanchions below the seals. Not too sure on the dampner as it still has rebound to it. So now looking to fit a set of springs to replace the elastomers, see if I can pick some stanchions up cheap (if not I'll just use the ones I have), plus will look to replace the dampner cart. Little bit disappointed, but the condition was to be expected I recon.

Will get some pics posted up when I get five mins.

I'd be interested to know. I looked in the catalogue and noticed the colour wasn't the same. It's a nice dark metallic colour the one I have.

Got some Judy SL's on the way to provide parts for my XC forks...unless I just end up going with the SL's. Also just picked up a Black Flite Ti saddle.

Still to get:

* Handlebars
* Stem
* Shifters
* Cassette
* Chainset
* Chain
* Cables
* New Brake Pads

Hopefully shouldn't cost too much to sort those last few parts, the chainset being the most expensive bit. Hoping my LBS has a nice 5 arm chainset that I can buy.

I'm sure I've seen another on this site the same colour. The decals look original and are under the laquer so don't think it's been painted. Could be wrong!

Right, time for some pics:

The Judy's are a strange one. Elastomers, shot. Damper seems ok. The forks are 1 1/8" threaded, with an adapter to a 1" aheadset and then a shim to put it back up to 1 1/8" again. Random. Think I'm going to have to cut the adapter out.

4b3984eb.jpg

Pic shows stanchion wear, which is shame but I'll probably still use them as they are and just lube them up properly.

With the bike coming to me with XT V-Brakes and an XT front mech, I thought I'd continue with this.

Rear mech:

111114ShimanoDeoreXTM739RearMech-Longcage-1.jpg

Shifter/Brake Lever units:

I100_19-11-2011_0075.jpg

Also got a Flite saddle.

Unfortunately I've put the Goldtec wheels up for sale as my wife is facing redundancy in December. The wheels are up for sale now. Bought a set of Kona wheels off the site to replace them (Kona suspension front hub and XT rear):

retrosalesilver020_171.jpg

Hoping I can put the bike together next week if all the parts arrive. Still need to sort a chainset though!

Back