199? Mongoose Amplifier

the_duke":3hjovr2s said:
Nice bike and elegant top cap solution :cool: Now you just have to make me one for my 1" c tech quill :LOL:

i had to use a 1" CK top cap for a 1-1/8" stem, so i'm not sure if you'd be able to get one to fit a 1" stem. it's very simple to put together once you find the right parts. ;)

:D so i mentioned installing an Amp canti hanger in preparation for…

Attachments

• IMG_0724.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,381
AMP fork

Hello,
can anybody tell me what kind of F is my fork ?
Instead of the collars on the legs for canti hangers, mine is with welded parts.

Attachments

• 042.1.jpg
    042.1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,361
Re: AMP fork

mudking":3kt01uh2 said:
Hello,
can anybody tell me what kind of F is my fork ?
Instead of the collars on the legs for canti hangers, mine is with welded parts.

Cool! Never seen one like that before. Perhaps an early F2 or a prototype, before they went with the cinched collars? The steel F1 I believe had welded on canti posts.

Thanks! ;)

But I need someone to straight jacket me so I stop making changes to my "completed" build. :LOL:

so i had put this off all summer after discovering that my set of CT cantis didn't fit over the base of the brake posts. As well i could tell i'd have some issues with the rear brake set up with the fact that there was a side pull to it on the Amp. not to mention needing to source an appropriate pair of brake levers.

early/mid summer i had the levers and had swamped out the beefy TWP brace with the lightweight and elegant AMP one. but by then it was all about enjoying the outdoors and all bike proj grounded to a halt. that finally changed this past week or two and i'm back with the RB bug.

first thing first i had to do was gently sand down the hex base so that the canti seated all the way down properly. next trying to jig the rear to clamp properly, as the right pull of the frame made the left arm pad contact the rim. this involved shifting the hanger to the right, and this not being sufficient to remedy the problem, unbending the curled end on the left side of the spring to give me more distance from the left arm to the hanger. glad to say i finally got it to work. i was getting worried at one point thinking i had to scrap the idea of using the CT on the rear. :(

so here are some shots of the final results. i do believe that this will be the last of any changes as i do believe i'm entirely happy with everything on it. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1437.JPG
    IMG_1437.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,234
  • IMG_1436.JPG
    IMG_1436.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,234
  • IMG_1435.JPG
    IMG_1435.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,234
  • IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 1,234
mikee":181j296t said:
very very nice
love those cantis too

i might start my amp project soon

Thanks mikee! :) What model and parts will you be sporting? Got a build thread yet?

Back