FSX fork brace problem

14032.jpg

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tektro-tektr ... prod14032/

Actually I wonder if his will work with the Judy fsx brace that I have. The hole seems higher than your (non-Judy) fsx.

In fact, the cable alignment on yours also seems to be off. Ideally the cables should make a right angle with the arms when the brake is applied. If the placement was lower I can see how the angle would be more ideal, but you're would make for a more obtuse angle when compressed.

This s-works is something I picked up used a couple of weeks ago. One of the first things I did on inspection after seeing the funky cable stop was to pull the front brake lever to see how it could possibly work. Everything came together evenly when brake was applied.
I have not ridden my s-works yet, the FSX shock needs rebuilt first then I can get into fine tuning the bike.

Was about to pull the trigger on an inferior version on the German Ebay site and thought I would resurrect this old thread and re-post Cartsen's closeup of the piece I need.

Here is the Original (Which I would like to obtain).....
IMG_4252.jpg

Here is the one I was considering...... but would prefer to avoid on Ebay
I dont think it will work im just being lazy because its cheap.
53f22a263abb3ee59308b38cf218eea01.jpg

PLease help stop me from making a inappropriate purchase

My FSX was set up with a "power hanger" style widget when I ran canti's on it, and the setup worked well once you got things sorted out. when V-brakes came out, however, I was more than happy to remove and forget about the vile thing.

Making a repro of the original Judy style hanger as shown in posts above should be easy for anyone with a tap and die set and a drill press, a hacksaw and a file. I'd think an enterprising individual could knock one out in about an hour, starting with some 3/8" or so alu bar stock.

Chuck stock in drill press, use file to size the end that must seat in the fork brace. Bore that end and thread the hole. Bore the cableway, then bore the stop. Cut the cable slot with hacksaw, find a suitable bolt and Bob's yer uncle.

J

Holy thread revival :shock:

I was asked to make a replacement FSX canti hanger thingy recently, and a couple of more requests have arrived.

So do any of you still want this part for what must be a really slow build?
If so, I can make a few spare ones pretty cheap for distribution, probably in stainless steel, but I could do aluminium.

All the best,

Attachments

• IMAG0287 (1).jpg
    IMAG0287 (1).jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 48368799_1789915634453577_1488340888303173632_o.jpg
    48368799_1789915634453577_1488340888303173632_o.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 177
Re:

If you are making some, then I'd like one (ideally in aluminium) please.
I've got the simpler style low brace as in hkinds pic, but wouldn't mind seeing how the canti hanger would sit with the part you have for fabrication. May be too close to the tyre, in which case I'm taking the route of using the component lgf has posted.

I think that, unfortunately, that lower profile brace is too low to take the standard hanger design.
There's no space for a straddle wire yoke between the hanger and the tyre.

All the best,

Attachments

• IMG_4253.jpg
    IMG_4253.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 168
Back