EWR E-Motion 650b/29er FINISHED

wadsy":36knmp8o said:
:cool:

That 29" wheel dwarfs the 26" :LOL:

I'd be really interested in your impressions on the ride compared with a 26er.
The rear wheel is a 650b (27.5"), so it's not too far off from the front 29" wheel. :)

I took it for a short ride today and it handles great. It might've been in my head, but it really felt like I could roll over obstacles easier. It didn't take much effort to loft the front end, either. The biggest difference to me was that I felt like i was sitting higher off the ground. This is my first semi-29er bike, and my first bike with disc brakes and I gotta say I'm really loving it!

mfh126":1l8w702b said:
wadsy":1l8w702b said:

The rear wheel is a 650b (27.5"), so it's not too far off from the front 29" wheel. :)

I meant compared with your other one; the 26" wheeled EWR ;)

mfh126":1l8w702b said:
I took it for a short ride today and it handles great. It might've been in my head, but it really felt like I could roll over obstacles easier. It didn't take much effort to loft the front end, either. The biggest difference to me was that I felt like i was sitting higher off the ground. This is my first semi-29er bike, and my first bike with disc brakes and I gotta say I'm really loving it!

Sounds good, is there much weight penalty? :?

wadsy":3tu8l5ij said:
mfh126":3tu8l5ij said:

I meant compared with your other one; the 26" wheeled EWR ;)
Right, I knew that. :oops: :oops: :oops:

mfh126":3tu8l5ij said:

Sounds good, is there much weight penalty? :?
I need to weigh it, but it doesn't feel too portly given its size. ;)

It just gets even better and better looking now that it's out in its proper environment.
You can send a medium frame over here any time that you like - I have a good home waiting for it.
;)

Anyway, you can tell how much I like it - it's rare for me to post on here any more............

saltyman":1b6joyzs said:
Looks great, how does it ride?
Thanks! It's my first "big wheel" bike and I love how it rides. It has a higher stance than all my other bikes, but it was easy to get accustomed to it. It handles great.

Back